A quick and easy dessert has never been so delicious! This Caramel Apple Dump Cake may just be the perfect fall dessert. I would suggest this to anyone making a holiday dinner, but feeling leery of baking a pie. This apple dump cake recipe is just 4 ingredients… easy peasy and I will walk you right through it. You’ve got this!
Caramel Apple Dump Cake
This is a classic “true” dump cake. The results are similar to a cobbler. You really do just dump the four ingredients in and bake. As long as you distribute the ingredients somewhat evenly, the recipe is basically fool proof. Even slightly over or under baked it will still be tasty. I added caramel into this apple dump cake, since I think it elevates the final dessert quite a bit. The caramel makes the cake team even better with ice cream in my opinion as well.
How to Make Caramel Apple Dump Cake
Here is a visual guide to making the apple dump cake with caramel. Full printable recipe card can be found below.
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prep your baking dish.
Bake for 40-50 minutes.
Does apple dump cake need to be refrigerated?
Treat the cake much as you would a pie. It can be left out for up to two days. Make sure it is covers once it has been cut. If you will need to store it longer keep it in the refrigerator. It will be good there for 5 days.
Can an apple dump cake be frozen?
I personally don’t see the point of freezing something so easy to make, but if you wish to do so it will be good up top 3 months in the freezer.
If you like this recipe, you may enjoy these too.
- 21 oz can apple pie filling
- 6 oz caramel sauce 1/2 most jars
- 1 box yellow cake mix swap for spice cake mix if you prefer
- 1 cup melted unsalted butter 2 sticks of butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat an 8 x 11 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dump the canned apples into the baking dish and spread out.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the apples, spread out with a spoon if there are clumps of caramel bits.
- Next, dump the dry cake mix over the layers of apple and caramel. Spread the mix out to cover the wet ingredients.
- Pour the melted butter over the cake mix layer, Distribute as evenly as you can, but don't fuss over it. The point of this recipe is it keep it super easy.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm. Top the cake with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you like. Pretty much anything that would be good with apple pie works well with this dessert.
Pecans are a popular addition to this dump cake. Simply sprinkle 3/4 of a cup of chopped pecans over the cake mix, before pouring on the butter.