This easy Crushed Pineapple Dump Cake Recipe is sure to become a favorite. While most dumps cakes are made in a baking dish, this pineapple dump cake is made in a bundt cake or angel food cake pan. With just two ingredients that are easily stored in the pantry, you will always have the ingredients on hand to make this moist and delicious pineapple angel food dump cake.
I know dump cake is a kind of rough name, but it just refers to dumping the ingredients together and baking. While this crushed pineapple dump cake recipe can’t get much easier, as it only has two ingredients, it is mixed. I guess it is only a dump cake in name then.
Crushed Pineapple Dump Cake Recipe: Making
full recipe below
Preparing the batter for your Crushed Pineapple Dump Cake could not be any easier. Just mix together a boxed angel food cake mix and a can of crushed pineapple. The batter will expand rapidly, and just needs to be dumped into an ungreased non-stick bundt pan (or true angel food cake pan if you have one) and baked.
How to Cool Angel Food Cake
While mixing the easy pineapple dump cake together is super simple, there is one trick to getting outstanding results when making the cake. As soon as the pineapple dump cake comes out of the oven, it should be inverted over a small glass bottle to fully cool. This is how to cool angel food cake, and an angel food cake mix is used in making this crushed pineapple cake recipe.
Don’t let this step get you nervous, it is not a big deal at all. The reason it is done is to keep the air in the pineapple angel food dump cake. We don’t want our nice spongy cake to deflate do we?
Pineapple Dump Cake: Quick Video
A quick showing how easy it is to make this pineapple dump cake. Flipping it to cool is quite simple.
(video moved to recipe below)
Once fully cool, run a silicone spatula or pick around the cake to help separate it from the pan and invert onto a cake plate. I like to serve Crushed Pineapple Dump cake simply with whipped cream and a few pineapple chunks.
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 20 oz can of crushed pineapple
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix the crushed pineapple and angel food cake mix together well, then dump into a non-stick bundt pan.
- Bake on lower rack of oven for 40-46 minutes, until top is golden brown and not sticky to the touch.
- Invert the bundt pan over a glass bottle. Leave upside down until fully cool, then used silicone spatula or pick to loosen the cake from the pan. Invert the pineapple dump cake over a cake plate to release.
- To Serve: Slice with serrated knife in sawing motion. I suggest serving with whipped cream and chunks of pineapple.