What could be a more refreshing yet festive dessert to enjoy on a fall day, than Caramel Apple Ice Cream? It's your lucky day, I have an easy no churn recipe for this wonderful fall ice cream for you. Great for Patriotic holidays as well, after all apple pie is all-American.
This caramel apple ice cream recipe requires no special equipment like an ice cream machine and is easy enough for older children to make themselves.
How to Make Caramel Apple Ice Cream (No Churn)
Here is a quick visual walk through of preparing homemade, no churn, Caramel Apple Ice cream. Full printable recipe card below.
Ingredients for the homemade ice cream recipe:
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Apple Pie Filling (homemade apple pie filling)
- Caramel Sauce (crock pot caramel sauce)
The heavy cream is whipped until stiff peaks form, but don't over whip and end out making butter.
Fold the condensed milk in with the whipped cream. This makes the base for the no churn ice cream.
Spread out about ⅓ of the mixture in baking dish, and drizzle caramel sauce over it.
Chop up the apples in pie filling, and spread half the chopped apple chunks over the caramel.
Top the apples with another ⅓ of the ice cream mixture, then add apples that remain.
Finally spread the rest of the ice cream mixture over the second layer of apples. Freeze for about 4 hours.
Scoop ice cream into a dish and serve as is shown above, or make it into a sundae, add more caramel sauce and whipped cream on top, perhaps even more apples.
While this is the perfect ice cream to serve for fall, if you want something a bit more traditional try my No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips.
Caramel Apple Pie Ice Cream
If you wish to make this recipe into an apple pie ice cream, that is super easy to do. Simply add a teaspoon of apple pie spice and a handful or two of crumbled graham crackers to the ice cream.
Caramel Apple Ice Cream Recipe (No Churn)
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 21 oz Apple Pie Filling
- 5 oz Caramel Sauce/topping
- Use a knife or food processor to chop apple pieces into smaller pieces. Set aside
- Whip heavy cream until peaks form.
- Fold in condensed milk.
- Pour/spread about ⅓ of ice cream mix into loaf pan.
- Pour caramel over ice cream.
- Distribute about ½ of apple filling over caramel.
- Pour/spread another ⅓ of ice cream mix into loaf pan.
- Distribute remaining apple filling over ice cream.
- Pour/spread remaining ice cream mix into loaf pan.
- Take a spatula or butter and run back and forth thru pan to swirl fillings.
- Freeze for at least 3-5 hours.