This Chicken Artichoke Olive & Tomato dish over Wheat Bulgur is a quick and flavorful way to get dinner on the table any night.
Chicken Artichoke Olive & Tomato over Wheat BulgurChicken Artichoke Olive & Tomato over Wheat BulgurChicken Artichoke Olives and Tomatoes over Wheat Bulgur Recipe
I decided to throw together a quick lunch before getting to work. There was chicken in the fridge that needed to be used soon. It was tossed in a pan with a little oil and garlic, then I opened up a few cans. As I was tossing some oregano into the pan, it suddenly dawned on me. The recipe I had been planning was not what I was looking for. This right here in the pan was. An easy balanced meal, that would be on the plate in about 15 minutes. The perfect showcase for why I actually use canned foods in daily life.
This Chicken dinner with Artichoke Olive & Tomato over wheat bulgur provides lean protein, healthy fats, plenty of veggies and a full serving of fiber and nutrition rich whole grains. The chicken could also be served over other quick options like angel hair pasta or instant brown rice if you prefer.
Chicken Artichoke Olive & Tomato over Wheat Bulgur| Quick & Easy Healthy RecipePrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup wheat bulgur dry
- 1 pound chicken breasts thin sliced & trimmed
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 14-15 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes can
- 14-15 oz quartered artichoke hearts can packed in water - drained
- 3 oz black olives (1/2 can), large sliced in half
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Place bulgur in small pan with 2 cups of water. Place over medium heat and cover, once it starts to boil reduce to low simmer until water is all absorbed. While it is cooking prepare the chicken.
- Heat oil in skillet or dutch oven over med-high heat. Once hot add the chicken and garlic. Get a light sear on each side of the chicken.
- Add the remaining items to pan. Stir. Once it starts to bubble, reduce to low and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over the bulgur. A spoon of grated cheese or sprinkle of crumbled feta is a nice way to finish this dish off.