This Chicken Artichoke Olive & Tomato dish over Wheat Bulgur is a quick and flavorful way to get dinner on the table any night.
Chicken Artichoke Olive & Tomato over Wheat BulgurChicken Artichoke Olive & Tomato over Wheat BulgurChicken Artichoke Olives and Tomatoes over Wheat Bulgur Recipe
I decided to throw together a quick lunch before getting to work. There was chicken in the fridge that needed to be used soon. It was tossed in a pan with a little oil and garlic, then I opened up a few cans. As I was tossing some oregano into the pan, it suddenly dawned on me. The recipe I had been planning was not what I was looking for. This right here in the pan was. An easy balanced meal, that would be on the plate in about 15 minutes. The perfect showcase for why I actually use canned foods in daily life.
This Chicken dinner with Artichoke Olive & Tomato over wheat bulgur provides lean protein, healthy fats, plenty of veggies and a full serving of fiber and nutrition rich whole grains. The chicken could also be served over other quick options like angel hair pasta or instant brown rice if you prefer.
- 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup wheat bulgur dry
- 1 pound chicken breasts thin sliced & trimmed
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 14-15 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes can
- 14-15 oz quartered artichoke hearts can packed in water - drained
- 3 oz black olives (1/2 can), large sliced in half
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Place bulgur in small pan with 2 cups of water. Place over medium heat and cover, once it starts to boil reduce to low simmer until water is all absorbed. While it is cooking prepare the chicken.
- Heat oil in skillet or dutch oven over med-high heat. Once hot add the chicken and garlic. Get a light sear on each side of the chicken.
- Add the remaining items to pan. Stir. Once it starts to bubble, reduce to low and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over the bulgur. A spoon of grated cheese or sprinkle of crumbled feta is a nice way to finish this dish off.