Kiwi lemonade is easy to make with this Applebee's copycat recipe. A refreshing drink, the whole family will love.
If you are a fan of Applebee's Kiwi Lemonade, you can now enjoy this drink at home with this copycat recipe. It's a delicious homemade lemonade, with fresh kiwi pulp. The delightfully tangy beverage is a step away from the ordinary.
How to Make Kiwi Lemonade
The recipe is easy. The only thing you may not be accustomed to is making kiwi puree for the lemonade. As always a printable recipe card can be found below.
Ingredients for Kiwi Lemonade
All you need to make this refreshing beverage:
- fresh lemons or juice
- sparkling water (optional)
First: Unless you are using bottled lemon juice, you will need to squeeze the lemons.
Peel and puree the kiwis.
Strain the pulp though cheesecloth or a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds (optional).
Mix the sugar and lemon juice with water. Stir well. Mix in the kiwi in if you like, or add a splash of kiwi juice to each glass when pouring.
Serve the lemonade in a tall glass with plenty of ice. Optional: Fill only ⅔ full and top off with seltzer.
Variations on the Recipe
Here are a few simple hacks and twists on the drink you may like.
- In a mad rush? Use a container of frozen lemonade concentrate, prepare according to package directions and simply add the kiwi puree (strained or unstrained) to the mixture.
- Strawberry Kiwi Lemonade can be made by simply adding a handful of strawberries when pureeing the peeled kiwis.
If you are a fan of copycat drink recipes, try these:
Bring a large pitcher of this Kiwi Lemonade to the picnic table on a hot summer day and watch it quickly disappear!
Copycat Applebee's Kiwi Lemonade Recipe
- 1 cup Sugar (I recommend you start at ¾ cup, then taste test and see if you want more sugar before adding the full cup)
- 1 cup fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Kiwi fruit
- 1 quart Water
- 12 oz Sparkling Water (optional) add an extra cup of water, if you prefer not to use this
- Peel and puree kiwis.
- Strain pureed kiwi to remove black seeds (optional).
- Combine water, sugar, lemon juice and kiwi juice. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Fill tall glass with ice cubes and fill with the lemonade OR fill ⅔ full and top off with seltzer or other sparkling beverage.