These pumpkin cream cheese muffins are everything you love about fall! They are made with whole ingredients and taste just like the ones from Starbucks.
Brew up some of your favorite Starbucks bagged coffee and enjoy one of these Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins and you can have it all right in your PJs. What a great way to spend your Sunday morning… or any morning for that matter.
One of My Favorite Fall Brunch Recipes
This is a perfect breakfast idea for busy school mornings. These are so beautiful and scrumptious that you’ll want to show them off. Take them to a brunch with your friends.
They will pair perfectly with these other fall brunch recipes:
- Copycat Starbucks Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- Butternut Squash Bread
- Pumpkin Pancake Bites with Chocolate Chips
How to Make Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
One of my favorite things on a chilly autumn morning is a fresh, hot muffin. And it’s even better if it’s a pumpkin spice muffin! I took my favorite treat from Starbucks and made my own version with whole, organic ingredients.
Muffins Made With Candied Pumpkin Seeds
Candied pumpkin seeds are easier to make than you may think. I like candying nuts and seeds in the fall, they add such a nice touch to desserts and even savory dishes.
All you basically do is coat the pumpkin seeds in sugar and cinnamon in a saucepan. Then, roast them. They end up smelling and tasting so addictingly delicious!
How to Make Easy Cream Cheese Filling
The cream cheese filling is very easy as well. It’s basically cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Then you just put the filling in the middle of the muffin mixture inside the muffin tin.
Cream Cheese Frosting Instead of Filling
If you prefer, you can also just bake the muffins and then use the cream cheese filling as a cream cheese frosting. Then, stop the muffins with the candied pumpkin seeds. That’s the best part!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins Recipe
Here’s my recipe. You are going to love how your home smells when you bake them. They only take about 45 minutes from start to finish, so make a batch soon.
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Ground Allspice
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Cover and chill until firm.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Put seeds, sugar and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar begins to caramelize.
- Spread seeds on prepared sheet and allow to cool.Break apart the seeds that are stuck together.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place paper liners in muffin tin(s).
- Stir pumpkin, oil, brown sugar and sugar together in a large bowl just until mixed.
- Add in eggs, spices, salt, baking soda and half of the flour. Mix until combined.
- Add milk and remaining flour. Mix until combined.
- Fill each liner about 2/3 full.
- Spoon one tablespoon of cream cheese mixture into the middle of each muffin.
- Sprinkle with 4-5 pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the muffin portion comes out mostly clean.
- Cool before serving.