Brew up some of your favorite Starbucks bagged coffee and enjoy one of these Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins & you can have it all right in your PJs. What a great way to spend your Sunday morning… or any morning for that matter.
How to Make Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Candied pumpkin seeds are easier to make than you may think. I like candying nuts and seeds in the fall, they add such a nice touch to desserts and even savory dishes. The cream cheese filling is very easy as well.
Then just whip up the pumpkin muffin batter, and pout in muffin cups, then add some of the cream cheese mix and candies pumpkin seeds before baking.
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Ground Allspice
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Cover and chill until firm.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Put seeds, sugar and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar begins to caramelize.
- Spread seeds on prepared sheet and allow to cool.Break apart the seeds that are stuck together.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place paper liners in muffin tin(s).
- Stir pumpkin, oil, brown sugar and sugar together in a large bowl just until mixed.
- Add in eggs, spices, salt, baking soda and half of the flour. Mix until combined.
- Add milk and remaining flour. Mix until combined.
- Fill each liner about 2/3 full.
- Spoon one tablespoon of cream cheese mixture into the middle of each muffin.
- Sprinkle with 4-5 pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the muffin portion comes out mostly clean.
- Cool before serving.