This is a quick and tasty side dish, which goes wonderfully with grilled meats, and salmon. This Creamy Mushroom Orzo is a great choice, when you are looking for a quick side. It cooks faster than rice, and can be left al dente without turning off your guests. Great alternative to risotto.
An easy Creamy Mushroom Orzo Recipe, perfect as a side or easy vegetarian meal.
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounce mushrooms sliced
- 3 ounce Cream Cheese
- 1 tbs. butter
- 1/2 clove garlic
- fresh thyme sprigs
- Melt butter in pan on med-high heat.
- Crush & mince garlic. Toss garlic and thyme sprigs in pan to saute. Stir for about 60 seconds to open up the flavors.
- Add mushrooms, and lightly saute.
- Add chicken broth and orzo. Simmer until al dente.
- Fold in the cream cheese, until it is melted into the orzo.
- Serve. Shaved Parmesan goes nicely on this.