This Portabella rice recipe is sponsored by Mirum. Opinions are 100% my own.
This Chimichurri Portabello Mushroom Rice recipe from Knorr makes an easy vegetarian dinner. It's a hearty meatless meal that's sure to satisfy any hungry family. The mushrooms and beans added to this flavorful rice dinner make you not miss the meat and are nutritional powerhouses!
An Easy Vegetarian Dinner
This Mexican influenced Portabello Rice with beans is an easy vegetarian dinner recipe that can be made inexpensively from ingredients right from your local Walmart. Here is everything you need to make the recipe and if being able to one stop shop for your favorite Unilever food items along with everything else you need isn't convenient enough for you (tough cookie aren't you...lol), Walmart even has Grocery Pick-Up available at many locations. Order what you need and they will bring it right out to your car! No need to unbuckle the kids.
Chimichurri Portabella Mushroom Rice
The big slices of Portobello mushrooms in this vegetarian dinner are a perfect textural substitute for meat and the beans help make the dish more filling. The peppers should still have a tender crispness to them when served and the fresh herbs are a flavorful addition to the already delicious Knorr Fiesta Sides Mexican rice. The combination elevates this from a side dish to a satisfying meal, that is just right for Lent.
More Family Time
Like all Make Meals That Do More recipes, this one is on the table in a flash. When dinner is ready in under a half hour it provides more family time. I like use my extra time to take a walk with my daughter or have her help me in the garden.
What will you do with your extra time?
Serve with Meat
Not looking to go vegetarian? This would be great served with fried kielbasa, grilled chicken or some blackened salmon.
Chimichurri Portabella Mushroom Rice with Beans
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley ,chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro ,chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (large, minced = about 2 tsp.)
- 4 large Portabello mushroom caps , thickly sliced (about one pound)
- 1 small red bell pepper , thinly sliced (about one cup)
- 15.5 oz can of no-salt added Pinto Beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 package Knorr Fiesta Sides Mexican Rice
Make the Chimichurri
- Mix together the parsley, cilantro, olive oil, vinegar and garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat large skillet over med-high heat. Place ¼ cup of the chimichurri mixture along with the peppers and mushrooms in the pan. Season with salt and pepper if you like. Saute, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened (about 4 minutes). Remove the mixture from pan and set aside.
- Prepare the Knorr Fiesta Sides Mexican Rice in the same skillet according to package directions. Once cooked, stir in pinto beans and the mushroom mixture. Top with remaining chimichurri to serve.
Check out Walmart Grocery Pick Up and see if it is available in your area.
I love all the flavors in this! It looks like a really easy weeknight meal that my whole family will love - I can't wait to try it!
This looks SO flavorful and delicious! I need to add this to an upcoming weeknight meal plan ASAP!