Pumpkin Orzo is a quick & easy pumpkin pasta dish that makes a great vegetarian meal or side dish to complete fall meals.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Campbell’s Soup Company for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
Orzo with rich creamy pumpkin is one of my favorite side dish recipes to make in the fall. This Pumpkin Orzo side is a wonderful match with grilled meats, roasts, or even salmon. It really reflects the season and is so quick and easy to make, especially with Swanson Chicken broth on hand.
The simple one pot recipe, can actually count as both a starch and a vegetable, and the richer smoother flavor of the pumpkin makes it a match for many entrees that would clash with a tomato based side. The simple step of using Swanson® Broth rather than water provides greater flavor depth, and take the dish to the next level.
Making Pumpkin Orzo
Here is a quick visual walk through of the process of making the orzo. Full recipe can be found below.
Garlic and thyme are quickly tossed in hot oil to release their flavors. The orzo is added and tossed to coat in the oil.
Swanson® Chicken Broth rather than water will cook the orzo pasta.
Pumpkin and spices are added. Then the orzo is simmered for about 20 minutes until al dente tender.
Swanson® Broth has been a go-to for so many of us for years. Now the same delicious Swanson® Broth taste is available in cartons with screw cap and measuring strip. The measuring strip in particular is a feature I like. It is so convenient to be able to see how much broth I have left with just a glance.
For more delicious Campbell’s recipes visit the website.
More Pumpkin Recipes!
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Cranberry Walnut Pumpkin Cookies
- Vegan Creamy Pumpkin Pasta
- KETO Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Bean Dip
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 3-4 sprigs of thyme
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 2/3 cups Swanson Unsalted Chicken Broth
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- Place oil in non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and thyme, cook for a minute or two, to release flavors. Add orzo and toss to coat.
- Add the Swanson Unsalted Chicken Broth, pumpkin, sea salt and allspice. Stir. As soon as the liquid starts to bubble reduce heat to low-medium and cover.
- Cook for approximately 18-22 minutes, stirring frequently. When orzo is cooked al dente and sauce is rich it is done.
- Serve as is, or topped with nuts, roasted shelled pumpkin seeds or shaved Romano cheese.