This easy Garlic Crusted Tilapia recipe with mayonnaise makes a family pleasing dish and it's perfect for busy parents. The baked tilapia dinner will be on the table in under 30 minutes. What a great way to get kids to eat seafood!
This easy baked tilapia recipe with garlic panko topping is brought to you courtesy of Hellmann's.
Garlic Crusted Tilapia - Easy Seafood Dinner
Garlic Crusted Tilapia is an easy seafood dinner recipe that can be made inexpensively from common ingredients. The crispy topping and mild fish will satisfy the fish stick generation, yet is also suitable for adult palates.
Oven Baked Tilapia, made even easier!
As you can see here, you only need a few ingredients to make this baked tilapia recipe. Just tilapia, mayonnaise, panko breadcrumbs, garlic cloves, parsley and fresh lemon. You can also season the fish with salt and pepper or lemon pepper before applying the mayo if you like.
Garlic Crusted Tilapia
This baked tilapia recipe is simple to make and the Hellmann's mayonnaise I used to adhere the crumbs adds fantastic flavor to the dish. The breadcrumbs add texture to the tender flakey white fish.
Garlic Crusted Tilapia Recipe Video
See how easy this tilapia recipe is to make in this quick video!
Here are some simple alterations you may like to try with this easy and delicious tilapia recipe.
- Mix in 1-2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese with the bread crumbs before topping the fish filets.
- Bake the tilapia in foil packets for easy clean up. You can even add veggies such as zucchini or green beans right into the packets.
- Try it with lime rather than lemon, nice when pairing with Mexican side dishes.
Pair this easy white fish recipe with a simple vegetable side dish such as Sauteed Vegetables with Italian seasoning, baked asparagus spears or broccoli au gratin. For starches, fried rice, macaroni salad or oven fried potatoes are great choices.
Top with a squeeze of lemon juice and enjoy!
Garlic Crusted Tilapia
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup Hellmann's or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise PLUS 1 tbps
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel finely grated
- 4 tilapia fillets (about one pound)
- lemon wedges and chopped fresh parsely *optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix together the bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise, garlic and lemon peel in a small bowl.
- Arrange the tilapia fillets on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the rest of the mayonnaise over the fillets then top with the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake tilapia in the oven for approximately 15 minutes. The fillets are ready when the crumbs are golden and the fish flakes easily. Serve with lemon wedges and parsley if you like.