Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
I’ve pulled out all the stops today with an extra cheesy buffalo chicken pasta. I adore cheese, and every once in awhile, I give into my “fiending for fromage” sans limitations. Today was one of those glorious days. I basked in the joys of liquid gold, with the added enhancement of a spicy kick.
Now, when you team the glory of mac n’ cheese with the wonders of buffalo chicken and blue cheese… common macaroni just won’t do, wagon wheels seem just the quirky fun pasta to handle this spunky combo.
This is an easy recipe, and the sauce can readily be completed during the cook time of the pasta. It can be on the table in about 20 minutes, if you use cooked chicken like I have here (see notes for using raw chicken)
Chicken Pasta Dinners
Here are a few more chicken and pasta dinner recipes.
- Chicken Pasta Salad
- Chicken Bolognese: Slow Cooker
- Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Creamy Chicken Angel Hair Pasta
Easy Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- 1/2 box of wagon wheels or macaroni
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbs flour
- 8 oz of Velveeta cubed
- 1/4 cup buffalo style hot sauce adjust according to heat of brand
- 1 1/2 cups diced rotisserie or other cooked chicken breast,*
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tbs chives or scallions sliced thin
- Boil pasta to al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, put butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once melted add garlic and saute until tender.
- In small bowl, whisk the flour into the buttermilk, then pour into pan, and add the Velveeta and hot sauce.
- Stir until Velveeta is completely melted, then add chicken and blue cheese, reduce temperature to med-low and gently stir. The goal is not to melt the blue cheese.
- Add the drained pasta as soon as it is ready. Fold into the sauce until thoroughly coated.
- Serve with chives or scallions sprinkled on top.