This Crock Pot Tuna Casserole makes preparing this classic American dish even easier. It is also a great solution for the warm summer months. No need to heat up your house with baking.
Crock Pot Tuna Casserole
Tuna casseroles have been popular for decades. They are an easy and inexpensive filling family meal. No wonder they are such a home cooking staple. This crock pot version has all the classic elements: peas, pimentos cream of celery soup and egg noodles.
Can you make tuna noodle casserole in a crock pot?
Yes, absolutely. As you can see tuna casserole comes out great in a slow cooker. It is also a great way to have the kids make dinner without worries of them burning down the house… lol.
If you want to serve the meal in a few hours, simply cook on high and it will be ready in just 2 hours. If you want to set it and forget it, cook on low and cooking will take 4-6 hours to be ready to serve.
Want to mix it up a bit? Try sprinkling on crushed potato chips rather than bread crumbs on top of the casserole for an added crunch. Another popular variation is using cream of mushroom soup rather than the celery soup. If you are not a fan of the flavor or celery, simply swap the soup type.
How to Make Tuna Casserole in a Slow Cooker
Here is how to make slow cooker tuna casserole complete with recipe step pictures. Full printable recipe card is below.
Start with al dente egg noodles.
Begin adding the rest of your ingredients.
Add everything except the shredded cheese.
Mix well. Grease the interior of your crock pot or use a slow cooker liner for easy clean up.
Dump in your ingredient mixture. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4-6 hours.
Dinner is served.
More Easy Crock Pot Meals
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Potatoes and Carrots
- Vegetarian Crockpot Tortellini Soup
- Slow Cooker Meatloaf Recipe
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew from Viva Veltoro
- Garlic Lime Chicken
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $99.99Was: $149.99
- Price: $9.99Was: $14.99
The classic tuna casserole made in a crock pot! Dinner has never been easier.
- 14 oz egg noodles
- 2 cans cream of celery soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 14 oz canned tuna two small cans
- 10 oz frozen peas thawed
- 4 oz of pimentos diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- Cook egg noodles until just under al dente.
- In a very large bowl, toss together ingredients except for 1 cup of shredded cheese and breadcrumbs. Taste for seasonings, adjust with salt and pepper.
- Grease the inside of a large slow cooker, add mixed ingredients. Top with remaining shredded cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Cover and bake on high for two hours or low for 4-6 hours.