This easy Queso Dip recipe is perfect for football parties, as well as just about any party or gathering. The recipe makes a nice big batch of queso just like you would get in a Mexican restaurant.
The homemade queso recipe is easy to reheat or keep warm too. Grab some tortilla chips and let the dipping festivities commence!
Queso dip is one of the best party dips you can make and it's oh so easy to prepare.
As I mentioned above this easy queso recipe makes a pretty large batch of the cheese dip and if you should need more, preparation is simple and quick. This Mexican cheese dip is also a very versatile recipe. Not only is it perfect for dipping chips into, it is a great accompaniment to many appetizers, such as potato skins and taquitos, as well.
Store leftover queso in an airtight container in the fridge after it has cooled down. The queso sauce can be used in skillet meals or casseroles, among a host of other scrumptious practical options. Imagine a shaved steak sandwich slathered in this spicy cheese sauce...YUM.
How to make Queso Dip (just 2-ingredients)
You would be hard-pressed to find a more easy to make homemade queso dip than this. You only need two ingredients to make this delicious Tex-mex cheese party dip.
Simply mixed together melted cheese and the canned tomatoes to make the Mexican cheese dip. Stir until smooth. Serve the dip warm.
While not necessary, the queso can be kept nice and warm in a small crockpot too. That is great for busy hosts, just leave it on the lowest setting and warm dip is always ready for guests to enjoy without any fuss. Just make sure you have plenty of tortilla chips for this cheesy dip!
Variations on the Recipe
- Want it more spicy? Use Velveeta pepper jack cheese instead of the regular version. This is also how to make it into a white queso dip recipe. Alternatively, add ground cayenne pepper or hot sauce to taste.
- For a thinner yet creamy dip or queso sauce add evaporated milk until desired consistency is reached. For a thicker creamy dip toss in a block of cream cheese.
- Add drained and rinsed canned black beans or sweet corn for texture.
Easy Queso Dip Recipe
- 2 cans of RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilis one drained, one not
- 32 oz. block of Velveeta regular or pepper jack
- Put the Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilis in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Chop the Velveeta cheese into cubes and add to the pan. Stir until melted.
- Serve the queso dip with chips.