This Coconut Pineapple Oatmeal Muffins recipe is moist and gently sweet. It's a big hit at my house.
I've been baking lots of muffins lately. My nine year old daughter has become a bit obsessed with sweets. Rather than shutting her off cold, I've been making her various oatmeal muffins. I add healthier ingredients and keep the size moderate. She has been loving them and no longer cries and demandingly points at the coffee shop as I drive by anymore (She is non-verbal autistic). She actually indicated that she prefers the muffins I've been making her over the big extra sugary ones from the shop.
The Coconut Pineapple Oatmeal muffins recipe I'm sharing today was whipped up while I was on the phone with a friend. The muffins ened out not just tasting great and being moist, but I got exactly 12 standard sized muffins from the batter. Hence, I just had to share.
Ingredients you may not have readily available at your market
Coconut Pineapple Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
- ¼ cup liquid coconut oil other healthy flavorless oil is fine
- 2 tbs butter melted
- ½ cup pure cane sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed pineapple undrained
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder preferably aluminum free
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup dried unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¾ cup quick cook oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together the oil, butter and sugar. Add the sea salt, egg, yogurt , vanilla and pineapple and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder and baking soda, then add to wet mix and stir well.
- Mix the coconut and oatmeal in until evenly distributed.
- Scoop the batter into a lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes , until lightly golden and pick pulls clean from center.
- Place on rack to cool.
More Healthy Delicious Muffin Recipes!