It has been one mighty “drizmal” winter around here. Freezing cold, then snow, then days of drizzle. When the folks at Smuckers® asked if I would “Spread a Little Sunshine this Winter”, with the help of their Natural Fruit Spreads, I was all sorts of game… The spreads arrived. My daughter immediately lay claim to the strawberry for her PB & Js, and I made an Orange Marmalade Chicken Stir Fry. The flavor of the spreads was great and I loved that they are simply made of fruit, sugar & pectin, the same way home cooks have been making our jams for decades. There are no bizarre preservatives or sweeteners on the label. I never did “get” why that stuff would be put in fruit preserves anyway. They aren’t even necessary, and old school jam like this , just plain out tastes better. Learn more about this line of spreads, and keep up on current promotions by checking out the Smuckers® website page dedicated to their Natural Fruit Spreads or by following on Facebook. After cooking with the marmalade, I wanted to come up with a super easy hors d’oeuvre, something quick & tasty, but not so much expected. Fiery Dreamsicle Spread is the recipe I came up with. It is a spicy, yet creamy spread with sweet bright citrus, and only has 3 ingredients. Just spread it on your favorite cracker and let the snacking begin. (Nice on a whole wheat bagel too.)Print
Fiery Dreamsicle Spread Recipe and #PerfectPairings Giveaway
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Total Time: 3 mins
- Yield: 8
- Category: Appetizer
- 1 (8 oz ) package of cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat variety)
- 3 tbs Smuckers® Natural Fruit Spreads Orange Marmalade
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce (plus more for drizzling if you like extra spice)
- Allow the cream cheese to sit out for a little while before preparing for easy of mixing.*
- Mix the ingredients, until you have a smooth peach color spread.
* No patience, then go ahead and start mixing right away. It will just take a bit more effort.
The prize package, includes: Smucker’s® Natural Fruit Spreads, a gourmet Crate & Barrel cheese board, jam spreader and a $75 Gift Card. Open to U.S. residents. Age 18+
a Rafflecopter giveaway