I prefer chicken burgers, but they tend to dry out. So, I came up with this fun Asian chicken burger to both pack flavor and moisture into my burger. It includes inspiration from several areas in Asia.
Burma (now Myanmar) is a country that borders India, China and Thailand. It’s cuisine borrows from these surrounding countries and I borrowed from all of them when creating this Asian fusion burger. As you can see, packing such a vast culinary region into one burger makes for a mighty big and deliciously messy burger.
Making an Ecclectic Asian Burger
While preparing two condiment sauces and fresh slaw for this burger may seem like a lot of work. I assure you it is really quite easy. Each part is simple to make and mostly just involves some mixing. (full recipe below)
First you will make the simple broccoli slaw recipe. It will only take a couple minutes to whisk the dressing ingredients together then toss with the shredded bagged broccoli.
Next whisk together the five ingredients for the apricot glaze.
The burger mixture has a few seasonings, chopped scallions or chives and some Panko crumbs. Form the burgers with oiled hands, then grill and top with the apricot glaze.
While the burgers are cooking, whisk together the easy sriracha mayonnaise.
Grab some buns, and slather a generous dollop of Sriracha Mayonnaise on the bottom slice. Once the chicken burgers are fully cooked, place one glaze side up on each bun, pile on some broccoli slaw and cover with the top of the bun.
- 4 Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Hearty Rustic Potato Buns
Chicken Burger MIx
- 1 1/2 lbs of ground chicken
- 1/4 cup Panko crumbs
- 2 tbs chopped scallions
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- sesame oil for coating burgers to grill
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp pure cane sugar
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Ponzu sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Apricot preserves
- 1 tbs Ponzu sauce
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- generous pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbs chopped scallions
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp pure can sugar
- 9 oz. bag of shredded broccoli slaw mix
- First, prepare the broccoli slaw. Whisk together all the ingredients except the broccoli to make the dressing, then toss with the broccoli.
- Whisk together ingredients for apricot glaze.
- Preheat the grill to med heat. Mix all ingredients for burger mix. Divide into quarters. Drizzle a little sesame oil on your hands, so you can shape the patties without sticking to your hands.
- Sear one side of burger, flip then baste top generously with glaze.
- While the chicken burgers are cooking whisk together the sriracha mayonnaise.
- Slather the bottom of each bun with sriracha mayonnaise. Once burgers are cooked through, place on top of the mayonnaise, glaze side up. Top off with broccoli slaw and bun top. Serve.