What could be more festive than these Gingerbread Cupcakes, especially when decorated with a fun gingerbread man? The easy scratch cupcake recipe is topped with a Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting, which is also a simple to make recipe. Everyone is sure to love them.
Making Gingerbread Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
One the ingredients for the Gingerbread Cupcake batter are mixed well, the batter is dolloped into paper liners. They are baked & cooled.
The Brown Sugar & Cream Cheese Frosting is whipped together, then piped onto the gingerbread cupcakes. The cupcakes are then refrigerated for a 1/2 hour to set, and are ready to serve to your holiday guests.
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 3/4 cup Water
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- Heat oven to 350.
- Beat together sugar, butter, molasses, water and eggs on medium speed.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and allspice.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake 17-20 minutes, until toothpick pulls out clean.
- Allow to rest a couple minutes before moving to cooling racks.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Add butter and continue beating until mixture is blended and smooth.
- Add vanilla and brown sugar and beat for 5 minutes until sugar is dissolved and frosting is light and fluffy.
- Transfer icing to piping bag with star tip and frost tops of each cupcake.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm icing.
Gingerbread man cookie garnish optional, but fun..