This Grilled Chicken and Corn Salad Recipe is brought to you in collaboration with Sunshine Sweet Corn.
Grilled Chicken and Corn Salad Preparation
Little foodie helped me create a special Grilled Chicken and Sweet Corn Salad recently.
She loved helping with the fresh ears of corn and proved to be a better de-silker than I am. Her autism gives her great attention to detail. She did so well, I gave her the additional job of wrapping the ears in foil, which she rocked as well.
I just grilled the corn along with marinated chicken breasts, then cut the kernels from the cob, in preparation for making the salad. Ergo Chef Pro-Series 7" Santoku pictured (one of my fave knives)
The grilled sweet corn and chicken, are simply served along with chopped sweet red peppers over leafy green lettuce and topped with a nice creamy Roasted Garlic Ranch Dressing my Avocado Lime Ranch would also be a fabulous choice for this salad.
Here are a few more summer salads you may enjoy.
- Pesto Tortellini Salad
- Mexican Sausage and Corn Salad
- Feta Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Grilled Sweet Corn and Tomato Salad
Grilled Chicken and Corn Salad
- 5-6 fresh ears of Sunshine Sweet Corn
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large sweet red pepper cored and chopped
- 2 heads of green leaf lettuce washed
- Ranch Style Dressing Homemade Roasted Garlic Parmesan Ranch, or your family's favorite Ranch
Marinate for Chicken
- ¼ cup Italian Dressing
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce I used low sodium
- 2 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Enlist the kids to husk the sweet corn, while you mix up the marinate and place the chicken in it.
- Wrap the sweet corn in foil. (I don't butter or oil it, but do so if you like)
- Preheat the grill to med-high (about 375-400 degrees).
- Grill the corn for 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Add the chicken to the grill. Turn the chicken after 5-6 minutes, then grill until cooked through & remove both chicken breast and sweet corn to a tray.
- Allow the corn to cool a few minutes, then cut the kernels off the cob. Slice the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces.
- Place leaf lettuce in bowls and top with chicken, sweet corn and sweet peppers.
- Serve with a creamy ranch dressing.