My Roasted Garlic Parmesan Ranch Dressing is a rich buttermilk garlic ranch dressing recipe with Parmesan cheese.
I wanted a nice fresh creamy homemade garlic ranch dressing for a salad I've been working on. The requirements were it be thick enough to use in a sandwich or wrap without being too drippy, yet still nice on a variety salads. I also didn't want it to be overpowering.
This Roasted Garlic Parmesan Ranch Dressing Recipe was the result. The dressing teamed wonderfully with the Grilled Chicken & Sweet Corn Salad it was created for.
Roasted Garlic for Ranch Dressing
I roasted the garlic for this ranch dressing on the grill, since I was cooking other foods on it at the time. Of course, you could roast the garlic in the oven if you prefer.
In either case, I peeled the garlic cloves (5) and placed them on foil, drizzled with just a little olive oil, and closed up the foil like a pouch.
Pop it in a 425 degee oven or on med heat grill and the garlic should be roasted in 15-20 minutes.
While I adored this with chicken and sweet corn, it would also make a great potato salad dressing.
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Ranch Dressing Recipe
- 5 cloves roasted garlic
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Place roasted garlic, oil, vinegar and buttermilk in blender pulse to break up garlic.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire, salt and pepper, pulse until garlic is fully pulverized.
- Add Parmesan, pulse to mix in. Dressing can be used immediately, or refrigerated in sealed container (use within a few days).