This easy Pesto Tortellini Salad is just the thing for satisfying summer dish without a lot of fuss.
I feel tortellini pasta salad is more like a meal than regular pasta salads are, yet it works great as a side dish too.
I like serving it mixed with a generous handful of torn romaine as well… so refreshing!
Pesto Tortellini Salad – How it is so Easy
This Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad is about the easiest pasta salad I make. It is just three ingredients!
This is a great recipe to double or triple up to bring to a summer party.
- a bag of frozen cheese tortellini,
- jarred pesto (store bought basil pesto)
- chopped fresh tomatoes (grape or cherry tomatoes work best)
How to Make
- Simply cook the tortellini according to package direction, then drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process.
- Place the pasta in a large bowl and toss to coat with the pesto sauce.
- Add the tomatoes and toss to combine.
- Serve with a little Parmesan cheese. If it dries out toss with a splash of olive oil to refresh it.
Yes, that’s it.
You can toss in fresh basil leaves or some torn romaine if you like. I sometimes add a tablespoon of mayonnaise to make it a little creamy (this works well if you serve it with romaine lettuce).
More recipes you may like:
Pesto Tortellini Salad Recipe
- 12 oz cheese tortellini frozen
- 3 tbsp basil pesto jarred
- 1/2 cup tomatoes freshly chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then cook the frozen tortellini until they float to top of water. Drain and rinse the cooked tortellini with cold water, then gently toss in colander to ensure no pockets of water remain.
- Place the cheese tortellini in a large bowl, add the pesto and toss to combine, until well coated.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and fold in gently until they are evenly distributed in the salad.