Peanut Butter eggs like those from Reese's are easier to make than you might think. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Easter Eggs recipe only takes 15 minutes of hands on time and about 40 minutes of chilling time until ready to serve. These can even be made the night before to add to the kid's Easter baskets the next morning!
Peanut Butter Eggs
Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs are one of my very favorite Easter treats, I used to wait eagerly for them as a kid. This fun twist on a Reese's peanut butter cup is a perennial favorite for so many of us. While those eggs are wonderful, homemade peanut butter eggs are so much more special. With this Peanut Butter Easter eggs recipe you can make your own and even have enough to share... or not 😉
How to Make Peanut Butter Eggs for Easter
Here is a visual guide to making your own Peanut Butter Easter Eggs. Don't worry they are easy. You've got this! Full printable recipe card below.
First, mix the very simple four ingredient dough, that serves as the peanut butter filling for the eggs.
Shape the peanut butter mixture into ten peanut eggs and place on parchment paper or waxed paper.
Melt chocolate and dip the peanut butter eggs into the chocolate until fully covered. Lift out the coated peanut butter Easter eggs and allow the excess chocolate to drip off. Then place each back on the parchment paper to set.
Decorating Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
Toss on some Easter sprinkles while the chocolate is still warm or once fully cool, you can pipe on some icing decorations if you like. Personally, I prefer my Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Eggs just as they are without decorations.
Melt with Ease
Knights Bridge Global CM105 Local PME Electric Chocolate Melting PotChocolate Melting Pot- Electric Chocolate Fondue Fountain Pot with over 30 Free Accessories and 12 RecipesWilton Chocolate & Candy Melts Melting Pot, 2104-9006Wilton Dark Candy Cocoa Melts, 12-OunceChocolate Melting Pot- Electric Chocolate Fondue Fountain Pot with over 30 Free Accessories and 12 Recipes
Peanut Butter Easter Eggs Recipe
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup confectionery sugar
- 10 oz. dark cocoa melting chips
- Melt together the peanut butter and butter for 1 minute in microwave. Stir until well blended.
- Add vanilla and confectionery sugar, mix well.
- Divide mixture into 10 egg shaped balls. Put the eggs on a parchment lined baking sheet
- and place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in microwave by heating for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat the process until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Stab each peanut butter egg with a fork and dip into melted chocolate and flip to cover completely. Lift with fork and gently tap on edge of the bowl – allowing excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place the chocolate covered eggs back on parchment paper and refrigerate for 10 minutes.