Peanut Butter Biscotti recipe with banana and a peanut butter icing drizzled on top. Peanut butter and banana are a winning combination and here they are teamed up in a biscotti Italian cookie!
These biscotti would be great served with my Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate
More Peanut Butter Desserts
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Meltaways
- Peanut Butter Magic Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Spritz Cookies
Peanut Butter Biscotti
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large mashed banana
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
Peanut Butter Glaze
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup confectionery sugar
- 2-3 tbs. water
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat the eggs, in large mixing bowl.
- Add banana, vanilla & peanut butter, and beat on high, until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl mix the remaining (dry) ingredients.
- Add the dry mix slowly to the wet mix, while beating.
- Dough will be sticky, dump onto well floured surface, and form into log approx. a foot long.
- Transfer to baking sheet, and form the log to about 3 inch wide, and an inch or two from pan ends.
- Bake for 30-35 mins., until golden brown around edges and semi-firm in middle.
- Place the log on rack to cool, for about 10 mins, and reduce oven temp to 300°.
- Once cool enough to comfortably handle, cut ¾ inch slices.
- Place slices on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for approx 25 mins.
- After the slices are cool, whisk together creamy peanut butter, confectionery sugar and water, to make glaze.
- Drizzle over the biscotti ( I used a squeeze bottle for this). Let set a few hours until the glaze is firm, before serving.