Kool Aid Pie is a quick and easy no bake dessert recipe with just a few ingredients (4 ingredients to be exact)! The drink mix both flavors the pie filling and tints it. The creamy filling and graham cracker pie crust make a delicious combination!
This Kool-Aid pie is such a fun super easy retro dessert, put your kids to work making this childhood favorite! It really is one of the easiest dessert recipes you will ever make. It is also fun that you can make the pie with any of the Kool aid flavors and have so many color options.
Some may not think of Kool-aid as old fashioned, but the drink powder has been around since 1927 under the name Kool-Ade and was a popular budget choice during the Great Depression. A few years later the name changed to the one we all know today. [source]
Kool Aid Pie Perfect for Summer or Anytime
No bake desserts like this Kool Aid pie recipe are of course summer favorites, but they are great options all year round. It's an easy way to make a lemonade pie too.
The recipe is so easy, and the color and flavor options are only limited by the drink mixes available at your local grocery.
One of these pies would be great after weeknight dinner. The no bake dessert recipe is great for kids to make over school vacation. The pie can be made in a color to match most holidays or party themes.
Kool Aid Colors and Flavors
The sky is the limit as far as fruit flavors for this delicious pie. Pick a Kool-aid packet of your choice or mix two in one pie, better yet, make two Kool aid pies for your occasion. There are so many fun options!
The two no bake pies I've shown here were made with Blue Raspberry Lemonade Kool Aid (pale blue) and Watermelon Kool Aid (light pink). I think these pastel tones are lovely from spring.
Watermelon is one of the lightest reds of the drink mixes (along with Pink Lemonade). Strawberry is a little pinker and Black Cherry Kool aid would be deeper pink than that. Tropical Punch drink mix is about the deepest pink/red tone.
The Blue Raspberry Lemonade Koolaid is the only blue colored unsweetened flavor packet I can find around lately. When combined with the Cool Whip and the slightly yellowish sweetened condensed milk, it creates a pale aqua blue. This is a great color for a pie if your child is a Frozen fan. This might be good to fold together with a grape kool aid mixture for mermaid pie.
Citrus flavors are also a good choice make one with orange kool aid and mandarin orange slices on top or how about layering lemon lime.
Fruity Pebbles Kool Aid Pie
Want to get a little wild?! This no bake kool aid pie is easily dressed up with Fruity Pebbles and features two contrasting layers of the pie filling.
You could make this easy dessert for a Unicorn or Mermaid theme party. Swirl dollops of two different flavors of the filling for a fun effect and add a few fun sprinkles or cereal bits.
Creamy Fruit Koolaid Pie Variations
Adding fresh fruit or even canned fruit is another way to jazz up one of these drink mix pies. Find a great match for your favorite flavor!
- Make a fun creamy strawberry pie by preparing strawberry Kool aid pie filling and adding chopped or sliced fresh strawberries.
- Chopped maraschino cherries added to cherry Kool aid pie would be a fun twist.
- Adding fruit, like in my Million Dollar Pie recipe is also a great idea, Canned peaches, crushed pineapple or fruit cocktail are additions that would work well.
You can even mix in a block of room temperature cream cheese and make it into a cheesecake.
How to Make Kool Aid Pie
This easy 4 ingredient dessert just takes a few minutes to prepare. Then chill for an hour or two and serve. Printable recipe card below.
Kool-Aid Pie Ingredients
Here are all the ingredients you will need to make this easy Pie.
- 8 oz tub whipped topping (such as original or extra creamy cool whip)
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Kool-Aid, unsweetened flavor packet (.13 oz - .22 oz depending on flavor)
- 9 inch store bought graham cracker crust in aluminum pie pan (see below for homemade crust)
- whipped cream to top *** optional
Dump the whipped topping into a large mixing bowl and pour in sweetened condensed milk with it.
Use a silicone spatula to make sure your containers are emptied.
Add the packet of unsweetened Kool Aid drink mix to the bowl.
Mix well, until the color is even, then scoop the mixture into your graham cracker pie crust. Use a spatula to even out the top.
You don't need to be fussy about this. Just make it relatively even.
Chill for at least an hour before cutting to serve. Keeping it in the fridge overnight or even a few hours would be ideal though.
I like to serve my Kool Aid pie with a dollop of whipped cream and some fun sprinkles on top. Sliced strawberries are another favorite topping. I think it is the perfect dessert for casual gatherings.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days.
Make your own Graham Cracker Crust
If you don't want to get the ready made store bought crust, making one is pretty easy.
You will need these ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ⅓ cup of melted butter
Mix all three together and spread out in 8-9 inch pie pan. Press firmly but gently with a spoon, spatula or measuring cup bottom to smooth surface. Chill until graham cracker crust is firm.
This no bake Kool aid pie is less prone to spoilage due to the ingredients in the filling, but I would still toss after 5 days. The pie crust once moist is the concern.
I hope you enjoy this easiest of summer desserts. The simple delicious recipe is foolproof and don't we all need a little of that on occasion.
Kool Aid Pie
- 8 oz tub whipped topping such as Cool Whip
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Kool-Aid unsweetened flavor packet (.13 oz - .22 oz depending on flavor)
- 9 inch store bought graham cracker crust
- Dump the whipped topping, sweetened condensed milk, and packet of Kool Aid into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well, until the color is even. Scoop the filling into pie crust and smooth out.
- Chill for a minimum of one hour before serving.
No Bake Desserts
A few more desserts you may like that are not baked.
- Millionaire Pie is a classic no bake diner pie. Make your own with my Millionaire Pie Recipe.
- Ice box cakes have been popular for many decades. My Strawberry Icebox Cake is a fresh and easy one you will enjoy.
- When looking for no bake pie recipes, don't overlook cheesecakes. Though called a cake, we all know they are more like pie. Try my No Bake Oreo Cheesecake or if you are in the mood for a creamy peanut butter pie, Reese's Peanut Butter Cheesecake.
- Need something for a potluck or cookout? This Strawberry Fluff Salad is just the thing.
- Of course, we can't count out frozen treats like my No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips. Make a batch, you won't be disappointed.