This blog post was sponsored by Starbucks® but the opinions are completely my own based on my experience.
Food and beverage pairings are one of those things we foodies love doing, but many people feel overwhelmed by. It honestly isn’t as tricky as some like to make it out to be, but it is nice when someone has already made the pairing for you. For your convenience, I’m sharing four pairings of Starbucks® and Lindt chocolate perfect for your gift giving and holiday entertaining needs, as well as a Peppermint Mocha Truffle Cookie Cups recipe, which makes use of one pairing. All are available on sale at Target right now.
These Peppermint Mocha Truffle Cookie Cups are quite the holiday treat. The cookie bottom is flavored by VIA Peppermint Mocha then topped with Peppermint White Chocolate Truffles, so the festive peppermint flavor runs throughout the treat. Find the recipe below.
Pick a Perfect Pairing
As I mentioned, the pairing work has already been done for us. These Starbucks/Lindt combinations have been taste-tested to match-up well. Doesn’t that make assembling gifts and holiday entertaining so much more simple.
Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Caffe Latte K-Cup paired with Lindt LINDOR Peppermint Cookie Milk Chocolate Truffles
Starbucks Holiday Blend Packaged Coffee (or K-Cups) paired with Lindt LINDOR Milk Chocolate Truffles
Tazo Chai Classic Latte Concentrate paired with Lindt LINDOR Peppermint White Chocolate Truffles
On Sale at Target
Not only have the pairing been worked out for us, but Target has kindly but them on sale for the holiday season too.
Starbuck offers from November 27 – December 31:
Buy 3 and save $6 (VIA: $4.30 each, Roast and Ground Coffee: $5.99 11 or 12oz,
$9.99 for 20oz K-CUP:
$9.99 9 and 16-ct Starbucks and Tazo
Lindt offer from November 27 – December 24:
2 for $8
Go directly to sale page >> Target
Peppermint Mocha Truffle Cookie Cups: Making
These are actually pretty easy to make, especially since most of the cookie’s flavor comes from packets of VIA Instant Peppermint Mocha.
After mixing, the cookie dough is rolled into balls and pressed into mini-muffin pan cups.
They are then baked, re-pressed and topped with the truffles.Print
Peppermint Mocha Truffle Cookie Cups
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 18-24
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (one stick)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 packets of VIA Instant Peppermint Mocha
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Lindt LINDOR Peppermint White Chocolate Truffles (to top cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and VIA until fluffy.
- Add egg and mix well, then mixing in the baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour to make dough.
- Roll dough into balls, about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons in size. Place each in a mini-muffin tin cup and gently press down on center to indent and shape to cup.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Allow to rest in muffin tin for about a minute to slightly cool. Press centers in again, then top each with a truffle. Allow the Peppermint Mocha Truffle cookie cups to set for at least an hour and a half before serving. The truffle centers take that long to re-set.