This Citrus Bourbon Iced Tea is just the refreshing summer drink with a kick you have been looking for! This blood orange, lemon and lime bourbon sweet tea is great by the pitcher.
Serve the delicious spiked sweet tea at your next cookout. It is a refreshing bourbon cocktail everyone will love!
Bourbon Iced Sweet Tea
Freshly brewed tea cocktail with lemon and blood orange wedges is spiked with bourbon whiskey and blood orange liqueur. Garnished with fresh mint leaves and orange and lemon slices.
What are some good things to mix with bourbon whiskey?
Of course, sweet tea is a great choice. Cola and ginger ale are also a popular mixers for this liquor. Bourbon is a popular choice for sours and collins drinks as well.
If you also want a non-alcoholic fruit tea to serve, try my Raspberry Iced Tea or Peach Iced Tea... you could always spike those too if you want.
Arnold Palmer Version
When making the brewed black tea base for the drink add a ¼ cup of lemon juice and simple syrup to taste. This makes an Iced Bourbon Tea Lemonade drink!
More Fruity Summer Mixed Drinks!
- Pineapple Mojito
- Greyhound Drink
- Blue Lagoon
- Strawberry Mimosas
- Madras Drink
- Pimm's Cup Punch from Finding Zest
- Summer Breeze Drink
Bourbon Iced Tea
- large pitcher
Cold Brew Citrus Iced Tea
- 12 black tea bags
- 1 gal boiling water
- 2 Lemons sliced plus a few set aside for garnish
- 2 Limes Sliced plus a few set aside for garnish
- 2 Blood Oranges sliced plus a few slices set aside for garnish
Ingredients for 1 serving
- 5 oz citrus tea
- 1 oz Bourbon
- 1 oz Blood Orange Liqueur
- Mint Sprigs for garnish
- fruit for garnish
- 8 oz glasses
Directions for fruit tea
- Pour water into a saucepan over high heat, bring to a boil. Put your black tea bags and most of your citrus slices in the boiling water. Remove from heat immediately. Steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour into a jug or bottle and place into fridge to chill.
Directions for drink
- Fill a shaker with ice. Add bourbon, blood orange liqueur and tea. Shake well.*
- Fill highboy glass or mason jar with ice cubes and strain in tea mixture. Top with mint sprigs and fruit slices to serve.
Jim Soxman says
We are on vacation and made these today. Great staycation day with these drinks!