This Roasted Potato Salad is hands down one of my very favorite ways to make potatoes and many readers have had great success with it as well. The crispy roasted potatoes are topped with a whole grain dijon dressing and fresh goat cheese while still hot out of the oven.
These potatoes are so yummy, you may want them as an appetizer rather than a side dish, so they don't outshine your main course.
This Roasted Potato Salad with Dijon and Goat Cheese Dressing was inspired by a somewhat similar recipe from this month's issue of Cooking Light. Their version is called a Roasted Potato Salad with Creamy Dijon Vinaigrette. Now I didn't have a couple of the ingredients that recipe called for & Little Foodie ADORES oven fried potatoes, so I roasted the potatoes with the simple method I always use to make them for her, and only poured dressing on half the potatoes, as she closely watched me to ensure they were not all being "defiled"...lol. I then had a 5 minute potato cooling window to snap a few pictures.
Of course, I could have served the dressing on the side, but I wanted to let the goat cheese melt over the hot potatoes and let a bit of the tartness of the vinegar burn off, which wouldn't happen unless I dowsed the spuds, straight out of the oven.
Here is what the salad looks like right after topping with the Dijon & Goat Cheese Dressing, and how it would remain served over cooler potatoes. This may be preferable if you won't be serving the dish warm.
... and here is a bite of the melty goat cheesy goodness. [Insert a Barry White style "Oh, yeah... " ]
Roasted Potato Salad in Dijon - Goat Cheese Dressing
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes cut into wedges
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon msg-free
Dijon & Goat Cheese Dressing
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- few grinds of fresh black pepper
- ½ tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tbs crumbled goat cheese
- Place a large heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat the oven to 400° (keep the baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
- Place potatoes, oil and powdered bouillon in bowl; toss to coat. Then spread the potatoes out on preheated baking sheet and roast for approximately 30 minutes. Turning after about 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are roasting combine dressing ingredients whisk together the oil, garlic, mustard, lemon juice , vinegar, salt & pepper, in small bowl. Then, stir in the chives and goat cheese.
- Drizzle the dressing over the hot straight from the oven potatoes & serve.