This Roasted Potato Salad with Dijon and Goat Cheese Dressing was inspired by a somewhat similar recipe from this month's issue of Cooking Light. Their version is called a Roasted Potato Salad with Creamy Dijon Vinaigrette. Now I didn't have a couple of the ingredients that recipe called for & Little Foodie ADORES roasted potatoes, so I roasted the potatoes with the simple method I always use to make them for her, and only poured dressing on half the potatoes, as she closely watched me to ensure they were not all being "defiled"...lol. I then had a 5 minute potato cooling window to snap a few pictures.
Of course, I could have served the dressing on the side, but I wanted to let the goat cheese melt over the hot potatoes and let a bit of the tartness of the vinegar burn off, which wouldn't happen unless I dowsed the spuds, straight out of the oven.
Here is what the salad looks like right after topping with the Dijon & Goat Cheese Dressing, and how it would remain served over cooler potatoes. This may be preferable if you won't be serving the dish warm.
Roasted Potato Salad in Dijon - Goat Cheese Dressing
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes cut into wedges
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp vegetable bouillon msg-free
Dijon & Goat Cheese Dressing
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- few grinds of fresh black pepper
- ½ tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tbs crumbled goat cheese
- Place a large heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat the oven to 400° (keep the baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
- Place potatoes, oil and powdered bouillon in bowl; toss to coat. Then spread the potatoes out on preheated baking sheet and roast for approximately 30 minutes. Turning after about 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are roasting combine dressing ingredients whisk together the oil, garlic, mustard, lemon juice , vinegar, salt & pepper, in small bowl. Then, stir in the chives and goat cheese.
- Drizzle the dressing over the hot straight from the oven potatoes & serve.