Oven fries seasoned with mustard and dill are a tasty side dish or snack.
Lil Foodie wanted oven fries yesterday, so I whipped up a batch that was a little different, Mustard Dill Oven Fries. These are simply dressed with whole grain mustard, dill and a little oil, then sprinkled with a little Kosher salt when they came out of the oven. Mustard and dill are two of my favorite ways to season potatoes, but I did question how well these two would dance together. The mustard ended out leading, while dill added a subtle mellowness that smoothed out the rough edges and lent a pleasant scent to the dish.
We enjoyed the oven fries as a snack, but they would make a great side for roasted or grilled meats. Try it with my Pork Loin Roast with Apples, Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breast or Baked Cod with Ritz Crackers.
Want to get a bit more adventurous? Try my Roasted Potato Salad with Dijon and Goat Cheese Dressing
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes washed
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 tbs whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill weed dry
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into wedges.
- Mix oil, mustard & dill into the potatoes.
- Spread out onto sheet pan, roast for 15 minutes, turn the potato wedges and roast another 5-10 minutes, until crispy with browned edges.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste and serve.