These easy Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars with Pecans are the perfect combination of flavors. The bars are fantastic alone, in a cookie tray or warmed and topped with a scoop of ice cream.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
When you add caramel bits, pecans and coarse sea salt to your chocolate chip cookie bars, they become magical. They really aren’t any harder to make though.
How to Make the Cookie Bars
Here is a guide to making the salted caramel cookie bars with step-by-step pictures, so you can’t go wrong. Full printable recipe card is below.
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and preparing a 9 x 9 inch baking by lining with foil and coating interior of foil with non-stick cooking spray. This makes clean-up a breeze.
Gather your ingredients. Make sure your butter is soft.
Cream together the sugar, brown sugar and room temperature butter.
Mix in the egg.
In another bowl mix the dry ingredients: flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Then slowly combine the two mixes a little at a time.
Once cookie dough is fully mixed, add your chocolate chips and the portion of pecans that are chopped.
Mix together well, then press into the prepared baking dish.
Top the dough with the caramel bits and the unchopped pecans. Sprinkle the coarse salt over the top.
Bake the Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars until they are golden brown at edges, around 20-25 minutes
Want these flavors in a different shape? Try my Caramel Cookie Cups with Pecans and Chocolate Drizzle.
More Bars You’ll Love
Here are a few more cookie bar recipes you will enjoy.
- Easter Magic Cookie Bars
- Coconut Bars Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Pineapple Cheesecake Blondie Bars
Enjoy the pecan, chocolate and caramel treat!
- 10 tbsp. unsalted butter – softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup caramel baking bits
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt , for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x9 baking pan by lining it with foil and spraying the foil with no-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla and egg and mix until combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing well between each addition.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans. Then press the cookie dough into the bottom of your prepared pan. Top with the caramel baking bits, a few extra chocolate chips and some pecans for presentation. Sprinkle with the coarse sea salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until edges are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to completely cool before cutting for a prettier bar. Pull the cookie bars out with the foil overhang and then slice on a cutting board.