Like many Americans, I've been focusing on eating more seafood and vegetables and less processed grains and sugar. This recipe for Shrimp Scampi Sweet Potato Noodles with Kale and Walnuts certainly fits the bill. Spiralizing the sweet potatoes does not take long, but if you are really short on time on weekdays, they can be purchased already spiralized or cut them on the weekend. Either way the recipe is still quick and easy to prepare.
This easy dinner recipe is a great way to get one of your two weekly USDA recommended 4-ounce servings of seafood. SeaPak Shrimp Scampi makes is extra simple, since the sauce is frozen right onto individual shrimp. All I added was spiralized sweet potatoes, kale and chopped walnuts. All are nutrient dense and cook quickly like the shrimp too. Each serving has one serving of seafood and two to three vegetable servings as well.
Shrimp Scampi Sweet Potato Noodles with Kale and Walnuts: Preparation
Here is a quick visual walkthrough of the preparation. Full recipe below.
All you need to make this Shrimp Scampi Sweet Potato Noodles recipe. Just four ingredients, plus a pinch or two of sea salt if you like.
The sauce melts quickly off the shrimp.
Then add the spiralized sweet potatoes and kale.
When nearly done, add the walnuts and some sea salt to taste, then cook a couple more minutes before serving.
Seapak for Easy Seafood Meals
Seapak makes it easy for busy families to get a nutritious seafood dinner on the table with speed and ease. Their products feature fresh ingredients and are created to make mealtime a breeze. SeaPak sources only from suppliers who work to limit environmental impact. They work exclusively with those who follow the most responsible harvesting practices.
For more seafood recipes featuring SeaPak products check out their website.
If you like the idea of using more sweet potatoes in you diet, as I have done here, try my sweet potato oatmeal muffins or Sweet Potato Fries air fryer recipe.
Shrimp Scampi Sweet Potato Noodles with Kale and Walnuts
- 12 oz box SeaPak Shrimp Scampi
- 2 medium sweet potatoes spiralized
- 3 cups chopped kale
- ¼ cup walnuts chopped
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the SeaPak Shrimp Scampi. Stir, and once the sauce is over half melted, add the spiralized sweet potatoes and kale. Gently mix with tongs, using care not to break up the noodles.
- Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring gently every 2 or 3 minutes.
- Once the sweet potatoes are mostly cooked and shrimp is cooked, add walnuts and season to taste with sea salt, then continue cooking uncovered for 2 more minutes.
- Serve .
Leave a Reply