Post sponsored by Mirum. Opinions are 100% my own.
So many of us are trying to focus on serving nutritious family dinners each evening, but are incredibly strapped for time. In our house, I have been trying to make sure our meals are nutrient dense and something both my fussy daughter and I will eat. Sometimes my solution is a mix of ready made items, like a rotisserie chicken along with a quick batch of sauteed vegetables. That is exactly what is on our dinner menu tonight.
I was able to grab everything I needed in one quick stop at Walmart, as well as a few other items we needed in the household. We don’t have Walmart grocery pick-up service at our location yet, but it will be even more of a time saver once it is. An employee will bring your groceries right out to your car! That will be a priceless convenience to me when my autistic daughter is having a rough day.
Make Better Use of Family Time
When I can get a nutritious meal on the table with such speed and ease, it leaves me more precious time to pay attention and enjoy my daughter. I don’t feel rushed and we can fit in a small fun activity, instead of mom being busy in the kitchen. I think we will read an extra book tonight too.
Simple Sauteed Vegetables: So Easy to Make!
This quick and easy fresh vegetable saute is the perfect side for a rotisserie chicken, grilled meats or even drive-thru burgers (instead of fries). No time to cut up veggies, no worries, just swap in frozen.
Start with some Country Crock spread in a skillet over medium high heat.
Add chopped onion, mixed vegetables and Italian seasoning. Mix together.
Saute until vegetables are cooked, yet still have a little crispness. Add a little more Country Crock to finish the dish off.
Serve and enjoy!
SIMPLY SAUTÉED VEGETABLES
This easy sauteed vegetables recipe really makes a meal.
- Prep Time: 4 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 3 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 4 1/2 cups assorted cut-up fresh vegetables, (broccoli, carrots, bell peppers and/or zucchini)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté vegetables, onion and Italian seasoning, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp and tender, about 8 minutes.
- Top with remaining 1 tablespoon Country Crock®.
- TIP: In a hurry? Save on prep time by using frozen vegetables right from the freezer and follow directions above!
- #EatBetterLiveBetter #Walmart