By now you have probably figured out, I am a little obsessed with Halloween Party food. This Spider Web Cookie Pizza with Pumpkin Spice Frosting is such a fun treat though. It would make a fantastic spider dessert display along with Spider Cake Balls I put up a few days ago.
Making Spider Web Cookie Pizza with Pumpkin Spice Frosting
Here is a quick visual guide to making this Halloween cookie pizza. Full recipe below.
First you will press cookie dough onto pizza pan and bake.
Then make the easy pumpkin spice frosting, and cover cookie once cool.
Drag a toothpick across from center to create spider web effect on the cookie.
- 1 tube sugar cookie dough 16.5 oz
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Coat a round pizza pan with cooking spray. Press the cookie dough evenly onto the pan. Bake for 14-16 minutes. Then, allow to cool completely before frosting
Make Frosting (While pizza is cooling)
- Beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in pumpkin, and then slowly mix in powdered sugar. For a thicker frosting, use 4 cups. Mix in pumpkin pie spice and vanilla.
Prepare chocolate ganache:
- Add chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl. Zap for 30 seconds,then whisk until smooth. If needed, heat for an additional 10-15 seconds.
Assemble the Cookie Pizza
- Spread frosting over the top of the cooled cookie pizza. Place chocolate ganache into a sandwich bag and cut off a small corner. Pipe circles around the cookie pizza, approximately ½ inch apart until you reach the center.
- To create the spider web, use a toothpick and starting at the center, pull the toothpick through the frosting to the outer edge. Repeat at desired intervals around the cookie.
- Chill until the frosting hardens slightly. Cut into slices and serve.
The Spider Web Cookie pizza was baked and photographed by a contributor (I’m on a diet). The recipe was originally created by Crazy for Crust.
More Halloween Party Food Suggestions
(Images click right through to recipes)