I’ve dubbed this sweet strawberry cocktail recipe a Strawberry Candy Cocktail. It has the kick of a regular cocktail, but the sweet orgeat and sprinkles on the rim make it festive, almost in a kiddie drink kind of way.
A generous dose of strawberry juice (or strawberry nectar) makes this drink super fruity. The cream or vanilla vodka adds to the candy-like mood of the drink and the sweet colorful rim seal the deal. This mixed drink is all about fun!
Speaking of candy… if you like sweet drinks, try my creamy butterscotch Buttery Nipple Recipe too.
Make them by the pitcher and let the party begin!
Making the Strawberry Candy Cocktail
Other than mixing the strawberry nectar and vodka the only thing to do is candy coat the cocktail glass rim. A martini or margarita glass are both well suited for the drink.
First dunk the lip of the glass in orgeat, a sweet almond syrup popular in tiki cocktails. Then dunk into a dish of sprinkles and swirl until the tiny candies stick. Pour in your drinks and serve.
More Fun Party Drinks!
Here are some more fun cocktails, perfect for a party.
- 2 Tablespoons almond simple syrup orgeat
- 2-3 Tablespoons sprinkles
- 4 oz vanilla vodka or cake flavor or whipped cream
- 8 oz strawberry juice or nectar
- Fresh Ice
- Use a spoon or a pastry brush to apply almond simple syrup around the top 1/2" of each glass (or dip as shown here).
- Place the sprinkles in a shallow dish and run the edge of the glass through it until sprinkles are stuck to the almond syrup.
- Fill your glasses with ice and set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, add 4 oz strawberry juice and 4 oz vodka. Shake well or stir to combine.
- Divide the cocktail among your two glasses, then top with additional strawberry juice, as desired.