This easy fresh strawberry pie recipe is a perfect early summer go-to dessert. It is simple to make and sure to please family and guests. With all the deals on fresh in-season strawberries, it won’t even cost much to make this strawberry pie with jello.
The recipe would also be nice to make with the kids after a day of berry picking. Strawberry Jello Pie is easy enough for them to do a lot of the preparation themselves even, dependent on age level of course.
Fresh Strawberry Pie with Jello
Fresh strawberry pie is such a quintessential summer dessert treat. In this version, the glaze for the fresh strawberries is mostly jello, ensuring the strawberry pie recipe will be approachable and easy for even beginner cooks.
Note: This recipe has been updated after making the pie a few times this summer. The minor adjustments ensure the glaze will gel properly.
Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe: Making
Here is a quick visual walk through of the process of making this easy strawberry pie with jello. Full recipe below.
Ingredients for the Pie
All the ingredients you will need to make this easy fresh strawberry pie recipe.
- refrigerated Pie Crust
- fresh Strawberries
- Strawberry gelatin box, jello
- whipped cream to top when serving
Preparing the Pie
Shape the pie crust, crimp the edges, prick bottom and bake. While store bought pie crust is pictured here, if you are up to making your own from scratch here is my personal favorite >> Ultimate Pie Crust Recipe: Buttery Flakey Homemade Crust
Pour the jello carefully over the strawberry filled pie crust. Cool before serving, then top with dollops of whipped cream.
Use tart pans to make smaller pie shells for individual pies.
Add blueberries or other berries for a mixed berry pie.
Make a diabetic friendly strawberry pie with sugar free jello.
Make it Keto friendly with an almond flour crust and sugar free jello.
A few more easy pies great for parties and cook outs.
Strawberry Pie with Jello
- 1 refrigerated Pie Crust
- 1 pound fresh Strawberries sliced (roughly 2 1/2 - 3 cups)
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Strawberry gelatin box, jello ( standard 3 ounce box)
- whipped cream to top when serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the pie crust in pie pan, nestle in, crimp edge and prick bottom with fork a few times (as shown above).
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Layer sliced strawberries in crust. Fill to top.
- Stir together water sugar and cornstarch and bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat, add Jell-O and stir until dissolved.
- Pour mixture over the strawberry filled crust.
- Refrigerate until set. This will take at least 3 hours to have a good set.
- Top with whipped cream when serving.
After further testing, the recipe has been adjusted for better results. The earlier version had 1/2 tbs less cornstarch and 1/4 cup more water. The adjustments ensure a good gel and fit in a pie shell perfectly.
Why not grow your own strawberries for pies and other delicious treats >>Tips for Growing Strawberries in Raised Beds