This easy fresh strawberry pie recipe is a perfect early summer go-to dessert. It is simple to make and sure to please family and guests. With all the deals on fresh in-season strawberries, it won’t even cost much to make this strawberry pie with jello. The recipe would also be nice to make with the kids after a day of berry picking. It is easy enough for them to do a lot of the preparation themselves even, dependent on age level of course.
Fresh Strawberry Pie with Jello
Fresh strawberry pie is such a quintessential summer dessert treat. In this version, the glaze for the fresh strawberries is mostly jello, ensuring the strawberry pie recipe will be approachable and easy for even beginner cooks.
Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe: Making
Here is a quick visual walk through of the process of making this easy strawberry pie with jello. Full recipe below.
Shape the pie crust, crimp the edges, prick bottom and bake. While store bought pie crust is pictured here, if you are up to making your own from scratch here is my personal favorite >> Ultimate Pie Crust Recipe: Buttery Flakey Homemade Crust
Pour the jello carefully over the strawberry filled pie crust. Cool before serving, then top with dollops of whipped cream.
A fresh Strawberry Pie with jello that the family is sure to love. An easy recipe perfect for summer.
- 1 refrigerated Pie Crust
- 2 cup sliced fresh Strawberries
- 2 1/2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Strawberry gelatin box, jello
- whipped cream to top when serving
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the pie crust in pie pan, nestle in, crimp edge and prick bottom with fork a few times (as shown above).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Layer sliced strawberries in crust. Fill to top.
- Stir together water sugar and cornstarch and bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat, add Jell-O and stir until dissolved.
- Pour mixture over the strawberry filled crust.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Top with whipped cream when serving.
Why not grow your own strawberries for pies and other delicious treats >>Tips for Growing Strawberries in Raised Beds