Want something a little different to serve at your next get together? How about some Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade!
If you love strawberry rhubarb pie this lemonade is just the drink recipe for you. Teaming those classic flavors with lemonade is a top notch idea in my book, and a big jug of Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade is far easier to tote along to a get together without damage than a pie.
While the recipe is easy, and hands on time isn’t that much, it is something I would make the evening before or morning of a party, since the mixture needs time to rest & to cool.
Making Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade
Preparing this lemonade recipe is easy. It requires just 4 ingredients plus water.
Once you have made the base for the drink recipe, it is as simple as mixing the lemonade up, chilling and serving.
- 3 rhubarb stalks chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound strawberries pureed
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice 6-8 lemons
- Put chopped rhubarb and sugar in a large pot and add the water. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in strawberries.
- Set aside to rest for 45 minutes.
- Use a sieve or cheesecloth to strain. Then place in refrigerator for an hour.
- Add lemon juice and stir.
- Serve over ice.