These Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Muffins are chock full of juicy blueberries. The homemade banana oatmeal muffins are so moist and delicious!
Banana Oatmeal Muffins with Fresh Blueberries!
Muhahaha… I finally got to use some berries in a recipe this morning. Of course, it required baking as soon as I got up, since Lil’ Foodie would have scoffed them down otherwise (yes, I saved her some of the blueberries). To her cooking fruit is a heinous act. She will only eat fruit raw, and boy does she love to do so.
The rare availability of blueberries to cook with teamed with the lovely scent of some very ripe bananas inspired me to whip up a batch of muffins. Being mindful of keeping them healthy, I used oatmeal as a base, and since the bananas had ripened to the point of sweetness, I was able to use a bit less sugar than usual.
As you can see I went a teeny bit overboard on the blueberries in this recipe. They are delicious and bursting with berries, which is not a bad thing in my book, but if you want to hold these over a couple days, use 1 cup rather than 1 1/2 of blueberries. These moist little devils will probably be gobbled up quick though.
Update: They were just fine the next day, so if you want to load em up with the blueberries like I did, go for it.
More delicious blueberry recipes you will love!
- Healthy Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Lemon Cake Roll with Blueberries
- Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup evaporated fat free milk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed (mine were just under a cup once mashed)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blue berries floured* (reduce to 1 cup, if holding more than a day)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the dry oatmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt in a food processor and pulse until most of the oats are broken down, almost to flour. (no worries, if all the oats don't grind)
- Add the egg, oil, vanilla, milk, brown sugar & banana, mix well.
- Drop in the floured blueberries and gently fold in to evenly distribute.
- Pour into muffin cups and bake for 22-26 minutes (until pick pulls clean).