You need a blueberry lemon cake roll in your life! It is the perfect easy dessert when you are craving something light, creamy, and delicious.
The combination of lemons and blueberries in this recipe is really out of this world. The tartness of the lemons, combined with the sweetness of the blueberries, take this cake to the next level.
Lemon Roll with Blueberries
Cake rolls can seem intimidating at first, but they aren't nearly as complicated as they look. So, in the end, you have a recipe that not only tastes amazing but also one that looks divine.
Making the Blueberry Lemon Cake Roll
For the Blueberry Lemon Cake Roll, you will need the following ingredients.
First for the cake:
1 cup granulated sugar
⅓ cup hot water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup powdered sugar
Then for the filling:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
⅓ cup powdered sugar
½ cup lemon curd
1 (6 ounce) container blueberries, divided
The toppings will include:
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Blueberries (remaining blueberries from 6-ounce container)
Now how do you make the lemon blueberry cake roll?
First, you need to complete a bit of prep work. For this recipe, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. You will also need to line a jelly roll pan with buttered foil or parchment paper.
Now that you have everything ready, it's time to move on to the cake.
Start by beating the eggs. Then you want to add a cup of granulated sugar gradually. Next, stir in the water and vanilla extract. Once this is well mixed, sift in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold the batter together.
Pour the batter into your prepped jelly roll pan. The cake needs to bake for fifteen minutes. When finished the cake will be springy to the touch and start to shrink away from the sides of the pan.
To create the cake roll, lay out a sheet of parchment paper slightly longer than the cake. Sprinkle the paper lightly with powdered sugar. Remove your cake from the foil or parchment paper and cut away the crusty edges of the cake.
Now it is time to roll the cake. You will want to roll the cake up in the parchment paper sprinkled with powder sugar. Once completed, place the cake in the refrigerator to cool.
We now move on to the filling. Start by whipping your heavy whipping cream on high in a stand mixer. Once the cream is thick, fold in the powdered sugar and lemon curd. Mix the filling until it is well combined.
With the filling complete, check to see if your cake is ready. Once your cake is cool remove it from the refrigerator. Gently unroll the cake and use a spatula to spread on the lemon cream filling and top the mixture with the blueberries. Now the cake will need to be rolled back up and refrigerated for at least an hour before serving.
Before serving, garnish the cake by sifting powdered sugar over the entire thing. You can also add a handful of blueberries for an additional pop of color and flavor.
Now there is a secret to slicing a cake roll. If you would like to keep your slices clean, rinse your knife in hot water and dry it between each slice. This technique makes sure your cake is not only delicious but also keeps its beautiful shape.
So there you have it, out of this world flavors all combined in this lovely Lemon Roll Cake with Blueberries.
The recipe is perfect for entertaining or a special evening with the family. Try it today!
More Desserts you may Like
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream (No churn)
- Strawberry Blueberry Scones
- Blueberry Dump Cake
- Lemon Donuts with Lemon Icing
- Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Blueberry Lemon Cake Roll
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup lemon curd
- 1 (6 ounccontainer blueberries divided
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Blueberries remaining blueberries from 6 ounce container
- Preheat oven to 375 Line a jelly roll pan with buttered foil or parchment paper.
- Beat the eggs, gradually adding a cup of granulated sugar. Stir in water and vanilla extract.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt, and fold batter together. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cake will be springy to the touch and start to shrink away from the sides of the pan.
- Lay out a sheet of parchment paper slightly longer than the cake and sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar. Take off the foil or parchment paper and cut away the crusty edges of the cake.
- Roll the cake up in the parchment paper sprinkled with powder sugar. Place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Whip heavy whipping cream on high in a stand mixer until cream is thick. Fold in powdered sugar and lemon curd until well combined.
- Unroll cake and spread the lemon cream filling over the cake. Add blueberries over the top of the filling.
- Tightly roll the cake back up and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Sift powdered sugar over the top of the cake to garnish. Add blueberries to the top if desired.
- To slice, run hot water over a knife and wipe dry before slicing straight through. Rinse in hot water and dry knife in between cutting each slice. This allows for a cleaner slice.
[amazon_link asins='B07K1TTL38,B015CQZK4C,B0049C2S32,B000FGJP28' template='ProductCarousel' store='momf04-20' marketplace='US' link_id='ce8208d5-760c-45fc-b901-468b37a78bed']