This Broccoli Salad with Bacon is the perfect cold salad recipe to bring to any potluck or BBQ. The cold broccoli salad features not only bacon but is made with raisins and sunflower seeds as well, all in a simple dressing. The main recipe is not a low carb broccoli salad, but if you are looking for a keto broccoli dish, I have included notes in the recipe to easily convert this into a Keto Broccoli Salad.
Broccoli Salad with Bacon
Summer is almost here! Time to start thinking about BBQ's, pool parties, and family get-togethers, which of course also means, pitching in and bringing a dish along. Want to bring something other than yet another potato, pasta or garden salad, that will still be a nice cool side with the grilled meats, but will stand out as a different? Here you go! This Broccoli Bacon Salad is sure to fit the bill. Plenty of crunch and nutrients, plus both salty and sweet flavors. The recipe is sure to be a big hit & it's so easy with minimal prep.
Low Carb Broccoli Salad
Since Keto and so many other low carb diets are incredibly popular right now I've also included two simple alterations to make this a low carb broccoli salad with bacon. Erythritol is swapped for sugar and unsweetended dried cranberries for the raisins.
The easy changes make this cold broccoli side dish diabetic-friendly too, now everyone can enjoy!
Selecting the right cranberries in particular can be very tricky. Even many of the ones claiming to be unsweetened actually are, just with fruit juice. The two listed here with a couple erythritol choices are compliant. They are freeze dried and lightweight, so they go far.
Broccoli Salad with Bacon Recipe
- 2-3 largeheads of fresh broccoli approximately 8 cups
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 cup raisins** ¾ cup unsweetened dried cranberries for low carb
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup crisp bacon crumbles
Broccoli Salad Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sugar** erithrytrol or stevia blend for low carb
- 2 tablespoon vinegar*
- Cut the stems off the broccoli. For this recipe you just need the florets. You will also need to dice your onion.
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl. Give it a quick mix.
- Add the dressing ingredients to the salad. If you are using a bowl with a lid, just put the lid on and give it a good shake! This will help spread out the dressing and mix it together. If you don't have a lid, just make sure you mix well.
- Chill to serve. Allowing the broccoli salad to marinate overnight is preferable.
*Use wine or apple cider vinegar if following a gluten-free diet. ** To make the Low Carb Broccoli Salad with bacon version simple swap unsweetened dried cranberries for the raisins and a zero calorie sweetener such as Pyure or the appropriate equivalent of stevia for the sugar in the dressing. The results will be even compliant as a Keto broccoli recipe.
What is your go-to recipe for summer get-togethers?