Summer is almost here! Time to start thinking about BBQ’s, pool parties, and family get-togethers, which of course also means, pitching in and bringing a dish along. Want to bring something other than yet another potato, pasta or garden salad, that will still be a nice cool side with the grilled meats, but will stand out as a different? Here you go! This Broccoli and Bacon Salad is sure to fit the bill. Plenty of crunch and nutrients, plus both salty and sweet flavors. The recipe is sure to be a big hit & it’s so easy.
Broccoli Bacon Salad Recipe
- Category: salad
- Cuisine: gluten-free
- 2 large branches of fresh broccoli
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup crisp bacon crumbles
- 1 cup Mayo
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp vinegar*
- Cut the stems off the broccoli. For this recipe you just need the ‘trees’. You will also need to dice your onion.
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl. Give it a quick mix.
- Add the dressing ingredients to the salad. If you are using a bowl with a lid, just put the lid on and give it a good shake! This will help spread out the dressing and mix it together. If you don’t have a lid, just make sure you mix well.
- Chill to serve. Allowing the salad to marinate overnight is preferable.
*Use wine or apple cider vinegar if following a gluten-free diet.