Time to fire up the grill, but that doesn’t mean just cooking meats. Many recipes can be adapted to the grill, often with diet-friendly results. This Grilled Eggplant Parmesan recipe is a great example of that. This low carb vegetarian dinner is also moderate in fats, yet packed with flavor.
Grilled Eggplant Parmesan
This easy grilled eggplant parmesan recipe makes a great low carb entree by itself, but the dish also pairs well grilled chicken, shrimp or meat. If some family members are not watching their carb intake, it of course goes nicely with a side of pasta too.
This nutritious meatless low carb meal is inexpensive, as well as, quick & easy to make. Eggplant is generally not too expensive, even off-season. Simply top with mozzarella and jarred low carb marinara sauce.
Not only does grilling the eggplant without breading make this eggplant low in carbohydrates, it also significantly reduces the amount of fat in the dish too.
Choose a Low Carb Marinara Sauce
Check the label when choosing marinara sauce. Look for sauces that contain no added sugar or high fructose corn syrup. There are quite a few options out there under 7 grams of carbs per serving. If you calculate the net carb count by subtracting the grams of fiber, the number will be even less. I also like to keep an eye on sodium levels in sauce too, some are quite high.Print
Easy Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
This grilled eggplant parmesan recipe is a great low carb vegetarian dinner.
- Prep Time: 7 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2-3 medium size Eggplants
- olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Oregano (or Italian seasoning)
- shredded Italian cheese blend (or Mozzarella)
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- **optional- fresh basil
- Preheat grill.
- Cut off ends of eggplants, and slice into 1/2 inch thick planks. Baste with oil, and sprinkle with a little salt and oregano.
- Place eggplant on grill and reduce heat to medium. Flip after a couple minutes and continue to grill until eggplant has softened.
- Transfer to serving dish, and immediately top with cheese.
- Warm the sauce in microwave or saucepan, and pour over the eggplant. Serve