This Christmas Popcorn recipe is so festive and easy to prepare. The Holiday White Chocolate Popcorn Snack Mix is a great combination of sweet and savory tastes and wonderful for casual holiday gatherings.
Christmas Popcorn Recipe: Kids can Help!
This Christmas Popcorn recipe is appropriate for children of various ages to help make. The only cooking appliance used to make a batch of this Holiday White Chocolate Popcorn Snack Mix is the microwave. While the hot candy melts used should obviously not be handled by younger children, older kids can easily handle that step. The little ones won’t be left out though when making Christmas Popcorn. They can measure the white chocolate candy melts, listening for the popcorn to stop popping, and off course adding lots of colorful holiday sprinkles.
This fun white chocolate covered Christmas Popcorn recipe is made festivity ready with lot plenty of holiday sprinkles and a generous dose of Christmas Peanut M & Ms. A holiday snack mix combination that both kids and adults will love. It is a great break from some of the heavier sweets of the season.
The Christmas Popcorn recipe can be prepared the evening before if you like. If you store it in an airtight container you could even make it a few days before your event.
Making the Holiday Popcorn Snack Mix
As the holiday season is particularly hectic for many people I simplified this white chocolate covered popcorn a little more than some of the others I’ve done in the past. The popcorn is just tossed in white chocolate, not two tone like some I’ve done and I used candy melts drizzle pouches to cut down on clean up.Print
Christmas Popcorn Recipe
A festive Christmas popcorn recipe perfect for any holiday gathering.
- Pop the bag of popcorn and remove the unpopped kernels.
- Place the white chocolate candy melts in microwave safe bowl or glass measuring cup.
- Microwave candy melts for 30 seconds then stir, repeat in 10-20 second intervals until melted and smooth. It only took about a minute total in my microwave.
- Drizzle over the bowl of popcorn and toss to coat, use your hands if necessary to ensure a nice coating. Then spread the coated popcorn out onto a large serving platter (or baking sheet/tray, if you are going to bag the popcorn up after). Toss on a few holiday sprinkles. They will adhere while the candy is still warm.
- Melt each of the drizzle packs and drizzle over the platter of popcorn, immediately top with more sprinkles and a generous amount of the Christmas M & Ms.
- Allow the Christmas popcorn to cool before serving or packaging for later use.