Would having a copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks recipe make your day brighter? Well, I have a copycat clone for you today.
Copycat Olive Garden Breadstick Recipe
One of my favorite parts of dining at Olive Garden is the breadsticks and salad. I have even gone a couple of times and just had that. Wouldn’t it be nice to add that course to your next homemade Italian dinner? With this Copycat Olive Garden Breadstick recipe, you can bring part of the restaurant experience home.
I do warn you, this is scratch-made bread, so it is best made on a day you will mostly be home. Like most breads, the dough needs time to rise and rise again. I think the results will be worth it though.
How to Make Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks
The entire recipe is in the printable recipe card further below.
But first, here are a few things you should know when you make these light and fluffy breadsticks
These breadsticks have pretty basic ingredients. You might already have most of them on hand.
- Olive oil
- Melted butter
- Garlic Powder
How to Help the Breadsticks Rise
Are you having problems with your breadsticks rising? In colder months, it can more difficult for them to rise enough. They need to at least double in size.
Here’s a tip: Turn your oven on a low temperature like 300 degrees F. Then, put the breadsticks on top of your stove where it is warm.
Make sure they are covered with a towel.
This should help them rise.
How to Prevent Breadsticks from Sticking to the Pan
The Olive Garden breadsticks always come out perfectly, don’t they? If your breadsticks are sticking to your pan, don’t forget to spray the baking sheet with non-stick spray.
You can also try using parchment lined baking sheets too.
Serve your freshly baked bread with a salad and some homemade Panera Tomato Soup or make a batch of my Wendy’s Chili recipe copycat. Of course, if you are in the mood fore Italian you should definitely make my Eggplant Parmesan Casserole or Pesto Tortellini Salad.
Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup warm Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Yeast
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 cup Flour
- 4 tbsp melted Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- Combine oil, water, sugar, salt and yeast in bowl of mixer, and allow to rest in warm area for 10 minutes.
- Gradually add flour to the liquid while mixing on low until a dough ball is formed.
- Place the dough to bowl, which has been lightly oiled or coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a towel and place in a warm place until the dough to doubles in size (about 1 hour).
- Grease baking sheets.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough into a large rectangle.
- Cut dough into 1" thick strips.
- Roll and shape each strip into roughly 1' x 8" sticks.
- Place on prepared baking sheets about 2" apart.
- Cover and place in a warm spot for 45 minutes or until again doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Stir garlic powder into melted butter.
- Brush breadsticks with garlic butter, then sprinkle with Kosher salt.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Brush finished breadsticks with remaining butter before serving.
More Yummy Copycat Recipes
If you enjoyed my copycat Olive Garden breadsticks recipe, try these next.