One of my favorite parts of dining at Olive Garden is the breadsticks and salad. I have even gone a couple times and just had that. Wouldn’t it be nice to add that course to your next homemade Italian dinner? With this Copycat Olive Garden Breadstick recipe, you can bring part of the restaurant experience home.
I do warn you, this is scratch made bread, so it is best made on a day you will mostly be home. Like most breads, the dough needs time to rise and rise again. I think the results will be worth it though.Print
Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks Recipe
Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks: a homemade version of everyone’s favorite breadsticks.
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup warm Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Yeast
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 cup Flour
- 4 tbsp melted Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- Combine oil, water, sugar, salt and yeast in bowl of mixer, and allow to rest in warm area for 10 minutes.
- Gradually add flour to the liquid while mixing on low until a dough ball is formed.
- Place the dough to bowl, which has been lightly oiled or coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a towel and place in a warm place until the dough to doubles in size (about 1 hour).
- Grease baking sheets.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough into a large rectangle.
- Cut dough into 1″ thick strips.
- Roll and shape each strip into roughly 1′ x 8″ sticks.
- Place on prepared baking sheets about 2″ apart.
- Cover and place in a warm spot for 45 minutes or until again doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Stir garlic powder into melted butter.
- Brush breadsticks with garlic butter, then sprinkle with Kosher salt.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Brush finished breadsticks with remaining butter before serving.