This Chicken Ravioli Bake is an easy Italian dinner the whole family will enjoy, and you will love how easy it is to toss together. I've used all the short-cuts to make this a hearty family dinner fast and simple.
Though it's comfort food, the baked chicken and ravioli recipe with vegetables is a balanced meal too. It has meat, starch, vegetables and dairy. Add it into your family meal plan!
Chicken and Ravioli Dinner
Sometimes there is nothing like an easy to prepare home cooked meal. One that requires no fussing. This Easy Italian Chicken with Ravioli Bake can be tossed together in a few minutes, then popped in the oven and ignored until the timer goes off, perfect for those days you have too many things to juggle, but want a balanced, yet budget-friendly meal for the family.
The ease of preparation and shorter cooking time is due to the use of a mix of fresh, frozen and jarred foods. Frozen ravioli and frozen bagged vegetables, are teamed with a good jarred marinara, fresh chicken tenders (or boneless skinless chicken breasts) and mozzarella cheese, to create a meal that cooks in about a half hour.
Thanks to the frozen sliced mixed Italian vegetables, featuring zucchini, yellow squash, red onion & red pepper, and the choice of chicken tenders, there is no necessary knife work to do, just layer in the casserole and bake.
How to Make Chicken Ravioli Bake
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 40 mins
Ingredients for the Casserole
- frozen cheese ravioli (preferably mini)
- marinara sauce (OR Alfredo sauce + ¼ cup of chicken broth)
- frozen mixed Italian vegetables
- fresh chicken tenders or boneless skinless chicken breasts
- shredded mozzarella cheese or Italian blend cheese
- non stick cooking spray
Supplies: ceramic or glass baking dish
Directions for the Pasta Bake
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Pour about a cup of the marinara sauce in bottom of the casserole dish and spread out to cover surface. Add frozen ravioli on top scattering evenly.
Then disperse your bag of frozen Italian vegetables over the top of the frozen ravioli.
The one I used had Zucchini, yellow summer squash, peppers and onions, a mix I highly suggest. Yes, you can use fresh sliced vegetables if you prefer.
Lay the raw chicken tenders out over the top. Top pasta and chicken with remaining tomato sauce and shredded cheese. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and cheese is golden brown.
Plate and serve warm with grated Parmesan cheese and freshly chopped parsley if you like. With this baked pasta, you have a complete meal as is, but I do like to include a simple side salad and Italian breadsticks sometimes.
Chicken Alfredo Ravioli Bake
You can also make a chicken alfredo ravioli bake with a jar of alfredo sauce rather than marinara.
Either use a mix of Italian veggies as shown, or swap some frozen or wilted fresh spinach for a Florentine Chicken with Ravioli casserole. Simply follow directions otherwise, swapping the jarred alfredo sauce plus a ¼ cup of chicken broth in.
You might also enjoy my Baked Ziti Alfredo, which chicken could be easily added to.
Chicken Ravioli Bake Recipe
- large casserole baking dish
- 12 ounce bag of mini cheese ravioli
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 Frozen Mixed Italian vegetables Mine had Zucchini, Yellow Summer Squash, Red Onion & Red Peppers
- 1 pound fresh chicken tenders or boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounce shredded mozzarella cheese or Italian blend cheese
- non stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Microwave the ravioli for 3-4 minutes until fully thawed (or thaw earlier).
- Pour about 1 cup (around ¼ to ⅓ of the jar) on bottom of casserole (approx 8x 11) coated with non-stick cooking spray, and spread out.
- Distribute the ravioli over the surface, then top with the frozen bag of vegetables.
- Lay out the tenders over the vegetables, and evenly pour the remaining sauce over it. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes