This easy Instant Pot Kielbasa Pasta is full of flavor and everything cooks together right in the electric pressure cooker for ease and convenience. A hearty comfort food that's perfect for any night!
I love making this Instant Pot pasta recipe because it’s so quick, delicious, and most importantly – super cheap to make. I can whip up a batch of this cheesy pasta with polish sausage and veggies in creamy sauce in about 30 minutes. This one pot kielbasa pasta dish will be one of your go-to recipes when you need a fast home cooked meal.
Kielbasa recipes are certainly a favorite with so many families. My husband loved the Polish smoked sausage almost any way you could make it. With the recipe I'm sharing today you have the added benefit that when you pressure cook it really helps lock in all the flavors.
If you prefer a skillet meal, or crave something a bit spicier, you might enjoy my Cajun pasta with sausage and chicken.
How to Make Creamy Kielbasa Pasta in the Instant Pot
This creamy pasta with polish sausage will soon become a family favorite. Cooking it in the Instant Pot makes it a quick and easy one pot meal.
Prep time 10 minutes | Cook time 20-25 minutes
Recipe makes 6 servings.
Ingredients for Kielbasa Sausage Pasta:
- 12 oz of kielbasa smoked sausage sliced
- 12 oz of rigatoni pasta
- ½ yellow onion diced
- ½ red pepper diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- ¾ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 cups of fresh spinach (I used baby spinach)
Preparing Instant Pot Kielbasa with Pasta:
Now let's get down to preparation of this easy Polish sausage and pasta dinner. I've included step-by-step pictures for you to follow along with. Alternately, you can jump down to the printable recipe card, if you prefer.
Set instant pot to the sauté function and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Toss in the diced vegetables and sauté until the onions are translucent.
Add the minced garlic and sliced kielbasa. Brown sausage until it is a little crisp.
Add broth to deglaze the bottom of the Instant pot and add crushed tomatoes.
Drop in the Rigatoni pasta, and stir.
Dump in the spinach. Put on the cover to the Instant Pot and twist to lock in place and flip the pressure valve to seal.
Pressure cook on high for 7 minutes, then manually quick release. Once steam stops remove lid.
Once finish remove the lid and add Stir in the Parmesan and cream for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
You can substitute any smoked sausage or Italian sausage in equal amounts. If you want some spicy kick try Portuguese chorizo or Andouille sausages. Your finished dish will of course showcase their flavors rather than Kielbasa, but will still be delicious. If you are looking to cut fat, try turkey or chicken sausage.
Yes, absolutely. Double this recipe by simply doubling all of the ingredients, including the pasta and liquids. The pot will take a little longer to come to pressure, but the actual pressure cooking time will not change.
Yes! This is a great freezer meal. If the sauce break once it's thawed and reheated, just stir and add a little milk or chicken broth.
For more easy one pot meals try my slow cooker chicken thighs with potatoes and carrots or Instant Pot Pot Roast dinner. You can also try my quick and easy Kielbasa sheet pan dinner. It is budget friendly too.
I hope you enjoy this easy comfort food dish. Let me know how you like it and please share any delicious additions or swaps you made.
Kielbasa Pasta Instant Pot Recipe
- 12 oz kielbasa smoked sausage sliced
- 12 oz rigatoni pasta
- ½ yellow onion diced
- ½ sweet red bell pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced (or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach I used baby spinach
- Set instant pot to sauté and add 1 tablespoon of oil and diced vegetables. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and sliced sausage and continue to sauté until sausage has a nice brown crust.
- Pour in the broth to deglaze the bottom of the Instant pot and add crushed tomatoes.
- Add pasta and spinach. Place the lid on and twist to seal the instant pot, as well as flipping the pressure valve to the sealing position. Cook on high pressure for seven minutes and quick release manually when finished
- Once steam has released, remove the lid and add Parmesan and cream and stir for a few minutes. Sauce will thicken.