Ranch pretzels are a crunchy easy snack. This simple 3 ingredient recipe is my solution to making unsalted pretzels palatable without raising the sodium too much. These literally only take 1 minute to prep and 15 minutes in the oven.
Ranch Pretzels – Lower Sodium Snack with Flavor
Ranch Seasoned Pretzels
I have coated the pretzels with my own homemade Ranch Seasoning mix. The quantity used is equivalent to a packet of store bought Ranch dressing mix though, so you can use that is you prefer. Of course, you will need to adjust the nutrition data if you go that route.
As I mentioned, you should feel free to use salted pretzels if you like. There are several other ways to zing these up more though.
- Try adding an extra teaspoon of garlic powder into the seasoning for Garlic Ranch Pretzels.
- For a Spicy Ranch Pretzels snack, add a 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper into the mixture.
- While I’ve opted for healthy fats from avocado or olive oil in this recipe, melted butter can also be used to make the seasoned pretzels.
How to Make Ranch Pretzels
Here is how to make these quick and easy seasoned pretzels. Grab the printable recipe card below.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Yes, just three ingredients.
- 10-12 oz bag of Pretzel Twists, unsalted – Swap for pretzel sticks or salted if you want. I would not get large pretzels though, as they would be difficult to toss in the seasoning.
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil – As mentioned, melted butter or ghee can be used. Actually, pretty much any vegetable oil can be. I personally prefer to use avocado oil in most of my cooking.
- 2 tablespoons of homemade Ranch Seasoning mix – Yes, you can use store bought if you insist…lol. One packet would be equivalent to the amount used in the recipe.
Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. If you don’t have any, just skip it. The liner only makes for easier clean-up.
Dump the bag of pretzels into a large mixing bowl. Take the oil and pour over pretzels, then toss with your hands to coat.
Sprinkle the ranch seasoning over the oil coated pretzels a bit at a time to avoid clumps.
Now dump the coated pretzels on your baking sheet and spread around. Don’t worry if a few lay on top.
Bake for 15 minutes. Then cool and serve.
Dips for your Pretzels
Here are a few easy dips for your pretzels.
- Roasted Red Pepper Ranch Dip
- Creamy French Onion Dip
- Roasted Carrot Hummus Recipe
- Creamy Sriracha Dip
- Yum Yum Sauce
Quick and easy ranch pretzels recipe using homemade Ranch seasoning. 3-ingredient, 15 minute recipe.
- 10-12 oz bag of Pretzel Twists unsalted - Feel free to swap a different shape, such as pretzel sticks or get salted.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil avocado oil or other oil of choice
- 2 tablespoons Ranch Seasoning or one packet of store bought dry mix
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. If you don't have any, just skip it. The liner only makes for easier clean-up.
- Dump the bag of pretzels into a large mixing bowl. Take the oil and pour over pretzels, then toss with your hands to coat.
- Sprinkle the ranch seasoning over the oil coated pretzels a bit at a time to avoid clumps.
- Now dump the coated pretzels on your baking sheet and spread around. Don't worry if a few lay on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then cool and serve.