A Greek Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe that is easy to make and delicious on fresh salads. My favorite red wine vinegar dressing.
I made this Greek Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe in honor of both National Vinegar Month and National Salad Month (sort of makes sense the two would be in the same month). The simple salad dressing is easy to prepare and doesn't take long to make.
The red wine vinaigrette dressing was made with quality red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil along with fresh herbs, feta and seasonings. That is all you need to make fabulous homemade Greek salad dressing.
The dressing can easily be made ahead of time, so that a homemade Greek salad can be tossed together quickly at will. Making it in a mason jar makes both preparation and storage a breeze.
Simply, place leafy green lettuce, sliced tomatoes, Greek olives and perhaps Pepperocini and onions if you like (I skip the onions most of the time myself). Pour on some of the homemade Red Wine Vinegar Greek Vinaigrette dressing and enjoy.
Mediterranean Inspired Recipes
Here are a few more recipes inspired by the region.
- Greek Salad in a Mason Jar
- Mediterranean Sausage Pasta
- Greek Meatball Pita Sandwiches
- Italian Tuna Salad
- Greek Chicken and Rice Cake Salad
Greek Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
- ½ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 clove of garlic crushed/minced
- 1 tbs freshly chopped Greek basil regular basil is fine, if you can't get Greek
- ½ tbs freshly chopped oregano
- ½ cup crumbled Feta
- salt to taste may not be necessary depending on saltiness of your feta
- Whisk together the Red Wine Vinegar, olive oil, Dijon, pepper and onion powder.
- Add remaining ingredients and shake or stir well.
- Serve over salad immediately, or store in refrigerator up to one week.