A Greek Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe that is easy to make and delicious on fresh salads.
I made this Greek Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe in honor of both National Vinegar Month and National Salad Month (sort of makes sense the two would be in the same month). The dressing is simple to prepare and doesn’t take long to prepare at all.
The dressing can easily be made ahead of time, so that a homemade Greek salad can be tossed together quickly at will. Making it in a mason jar makes both preparation and storage a breeze.
Simply, place leafy green lettuce, sliced tomatoes, Greek olives and perhaps Pepperocini and onions if you like (I skip the onions most of the time myself). Pour on some of the homemade Red Wine Vinegar Greek Vinaigrette dressing and enjoy.
Greek Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
Greek Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe homemade dressing made with red wine vinegar and simple fresh ingredients. Makes delicious fresh Greek salads a breeze to prepare at home.
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 8 mins
- Yield: 8
- Category: dressing
- Cuisine: Greek, Gluten-free
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed/minced
- 1 tbs freshly chopped Greek basil (regular basil is fine, if you can’t get Greek)
- 1/2 tbs freshly chopped oregano
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta
- salt to taste (may not be necessary depending on saltiness of your feta)
- Whisk together the Red Wine Vinegar, olive oil, Dijon, pepper and onion powder.
- Add remaining ingredients and shake or stir well.
- Serve over salad immediately, or store in refrigerator up to one week.