This Mediterranean Sausage Pasta is a hearty, easy, family meal that is ready in minutes. Spinach & Feta chicken sausage from our sponsor Al Fresco along with fresh spinach, tomatoes, olives, lemon, garlic and oregano give this pasta plenty of Greek flair. A sprinkle of feta completes the dish.
Mediterranean Sausage Pasta
This Greek inspired fettuccine dish is a great fuss-free meal. The fun Mediterranean spin and ease of preparation will make you feel like you are vacation, even on a weeknight. Pour some dry white wine for the grown ups and lemonade for the kids and you have yourself a fancy family dinner in under 30 minutes!
It starts with flavorful Al Fresco Spinach & Feta Natural Chicken Sausages. When sauteed with garlic, oregano and lemon, the olive oil which will lightly coat the pasta becomes infused with Grecian flavors.
Olives, grape tomatoes and fresh baby spinach are tossed in whole. This reduces prep work and gives the finished dish an appealing rustic Mediterranean look. We after all, eat with our eyes first.
Serve with crumbled feta, a few grinds of pepper and a little squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
How to make Mediterranean Sausage Pasta
Not an experienced cook? No worries, I'm about to walk you right through this recipe with pictures. I promise it's easy. Now let's make dinner!
First gather your ingredients and put on a big pot of water to boil your pasta in.
Cut up the sausage into roughly ½ inch slices.
Place a large deep skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, sausages, garlic and oregano. Stir to coat.
After about a minute, zest half a lemon into the pan.
Toss in half a can of drained large black olives.
... and around 12 fresh grape tomatoes.
Saute until the tomatoes start to blister. Once a couple have split their skins you are at the right doneness. The olives will be slightly shriveled and the sausage should be nicely browned by now as well. (This stage of cooking will take around 6-9 minutes)
Now dump in the baby spinach and toss to coat. It may seem like a lot, but spinach shrinks considerably as it wilts.
Finally, add your cooked and drained pasta. Turn off burner and toss well.
Scoop it out onto a platter, garnish with crumbled feta. Serve with fresh cut lemon and ground pepper. You probably won't need any salt, due to the feta and olives.
Al Fresco Chicken Sausages
Al Fresco chicken sausages are the perfect addition to your weekly grocery staples. These sausages are all natural and antibiotic-free. They are so much easier to work with than raw chicken and stay fresh longer. This is a versatile ingredient, you will find yourself reaching for them again and again.
Since these are fully cooked chicken sausages, the stresses of working with and cleaning up after chicken don't have to be dealt with. This makes them great for fledgling cooks. Put those kids to work making dinner!
Try my other Al Fresco chicken sausage recipes:
- Low Carb Chicken Sausage Risotto
- Mexican Sausage and Corn Salad
- Sausage and Pepper Soup
- Chicken Sausage Pesto Pasta with Artichoke and Tomato
If none of those strike your fancy, stop by the brand's website. They have a bunch of great recipes to choose from.
Mediterranean Sausage Pasta Recipe
- ½ pound fettuccine pasta
- 1 package Al Fresco Spinach & Feta Chicken Sausages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil , classic not extra virgin
- 1-2 cloves garlic , minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ can large black olives , drained
- 12 grape tomatoes
- 4 cups baby spinach , loosely packed
- ¼ cup feta cheese , crumbled
- fresh lemon wedges
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place large pot of water on to boil. You will cook the pasta while preparing the rest.
- Slice the chicken sausages into roughly ½ inch pieces.
- Place large deep skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the oil, sausages, garlic and oregano. Toss and saute for a minute.
- Add the zest of ½ a lemon. Stir it in.
- Now toss in the olives and tomatoes. Stir occasionally while cooking, until the tomatoes are starting to blister and a couple have split. The sausage should be browned by this point as well.
- Dump in the spinach. Mix in. Turn off the stove burner.
- Add the drained pasta and toss well to coat.
- Transfer from pan to serving platter and sprinkle with feta. Serve with fresh ground pepper and wedges of lemon.