Need something super-fast Valentine’s dinner, that you can still make yourself at home? This Shrimp and Tomato Scampi Recipe can be on the table in lightning speed. The scampi itself is very quick, to make sure dinner. Serve it over a fast cooking starch like bulgur, angel hair pasta or a steamer bag of rice.
I made this shrimp & tomato scampi recipe as a lunch one day this week. It is pictured over plain wheat bulgur, which is fast to prepare, but stores very nicely, if you prefer to make it beforehand. While delicious as shown, capers make a wonderful addition to this dish, so if you like them, toss a tablespoon or two in.
Shrimp and Tomato Scampi Recipe
- 1 tbs. butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- tsp thyme
- 1/2 cup Reisling
- 18-20 grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 lb raw shelled lg-xlrg shrimp
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put butter in hot pan over med-high heat, add garlic. Saute quickly to soften the garlic.
- Add thyme and Reisling cook down for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and shrimp, saute until shrimp are opaque, add salt and pepper to taste and remove from burner.
- Serve over starch of choice.