This shrimp and asparagus tortellini is seasoned with lemon and dill. making it the perfect flavor combo for spring and summer.
This easy Shrimp, Asparagus and Tortellini in Lemon-Dill Scampi Sauce was inspired by the bounty of spring, and the fresh flavors of summer soon to come. Asparagus is ridiculously inexpensive right now, and I got a fantastic deal on some frozen wild American shrimp a couple weeks ago, so the combo sort of matched itself up. Dill is one of my favorite go-to herbs for spring and summer dishes, especially when seafood is involved.
The recipe makes a nice light dinner for 4, or would be a great addition to a buffet, since the serving temperature is so flexible. I actually prefer it at room temperature.
For another warm weather tortellini dish, try my Pesto Tortellini Salad.
More Recipes You May Like
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Swiss Cheese
- Asian Lemon-Honey Glazed Walnut Shrimp
- Vegetarian Crockpot Tortellini Soup
- Shrimp, Asparagus & Heirloom Tomato Ginger Scampi
Shrimp, Asparagus & Tortellini in Lemon-Dill Scampi
- 8 oz. dry cheese tortellini or 4 serving equivalent in fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 - 3/4 pound of raw wild shrimp shelled & deveined
- 1/2 zest & juice a lemon
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Put pot of water on for tortellini. Cook them al dente according to package directions.
- Put oil and butter in large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Crush & mince the garlic and slice the asparagus on the diagonal, add to them pan and saute until asparagus is about 3/4 cooked.
- Add shrimp, lemon, salt, dill & wine. Saute until shrimp is just shy of cooked through, add the cooked tortellini and stir to mix evenly, then remove from heat.
- Dish can be served warm with lemon or grated cheese, or cold with lemon and a little olive oil.