This Roasted Carrot, Avocado & Black Bean Salad with Garlic Lemon Dressing is a sponsored recipe created by me on behalf of the Hass Avocado Board.
Roast Carrot Avocado Salad with Black Beans
This simple vegan salad has a strong focus on smart nutritious eating. The black bean avocado salad with roasted carrots is filled with colorful nutrient dense foods processed ingredients. The dish is loaded with healthy fats and fiber. The lemon garlic dressing adds great flavor while keeping sodium to moderate levels.
Health Benefits of Avocados
Much of this goodness is thanks to the inclusion of creamy delicious Hass avocado. It is also a big part of the reason this simple vegan salad is so satisfying as a meal. Avocados are cholesterol free and over 75% of the fat in an avocado is unsaturated. This recipe includes ½ a medium avocado per portion, which provides 7 grams of awesome monounsaturated fat, 20% of your daily recommended fiber intake, and 10% or more of your daily need for Potassium, Folate, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin and Vitamins C, E & B6. Good stuff for just 130 calories.
More Healthy Recipes
A few healthy recipes you may also like.
- Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing, Chick-fil-a Copycat!
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip with Avocado
- Ranch Black Bean & Veggie Tortilla Casserole Recipe
- Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad Recipe
- Guacamole Ranch Dressing Recipe
Smokey Roasted Carrot, Avocado & Black Bean Salad with Roasted Garlic Lemon DressingPrint Pin Rate
- 1 lb. carrots
- 1 tbs oil olive, grapeseed or canola
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika hot or mild
- ⅛ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 medium size Hass avocado
- handful of baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup canned black beans well rinsed*
Garlic Lemon Dressing
- 1 clove of garlic peeled & roasted
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- ½ tbs olive oil
- ½ teaspoon pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel carrots, and cut on diagonal into thick planks. Peel the clove of garlic for dressing, and set aside.
- Mix carrots in large bowl with oil, paprika & salt, spread out on a baking sheet or roasting pan. Drop the garlic clove on pan as well. Roast for 20 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove garlic and set aside to cool. Turn the carrots, then return to oven to roast another 10 minutes, then set out to cool a little.
- Make the dressing by mashing the garlic in small bowl or nappy dish, then adding the lemon juice, oil, maple syrup and salt. Mix well.
- Lay out two beds of baby spinach leaves, lay ½ the warm carrots on top of each. Peel pit and slice the avocado into wedges. Place half the avocado on each salad, top each with ¼ cup of black beans and drizzle half the dressing on each. Serve.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Hass Avocado Board.