Snicker Apple salad is a great dessert salad anytime of year. Your family and friends are sure to love this salad and it is super easy to prepare!
Snicker Apple Salad
This easy dessert made with fresh apples is a staple of potlucks and cook outs, particularly around the Midwest. There are two primary versions of this picnic classic. Both are great served alone as a salad or made into a fun delicious Snickers Caramel Apple Pie.
Snicker Apple Salad without pudding
Snicker Apple Salad features bite sized pieces of delicious tart green apples and chopped Snickers bars in a sweet creamy dressing. While many versions are made with instant vanilla pudding mix and whipped topping (aka Cool Whip), this Snicker apple salad with cream cheese and fresh whipped cream is outstanding. If you prefer the pudding style salad, check out my Snickers Caramel Apple Pie filling. The filling is a Snicker Apple Salad made with the pudding and topping. Both versions are equally delicious and make similar sized batches.
Snickers Caramel Apple Salad
While a fantastic summer salad for picnics and such, this is also a great cold dish for the fall during apple season. While I strongly prefer Granny Smith or other tart apples in this dessert, if you are fond of Red Delicious apples, they are well suited for the recipe as well. While I think of it as a dessert, some serve this salad as a side dish too.
Can I Make Snicker Apple Salad the night before?
Yes, but ideally it should not be kept for more than two days.
Is Snicker Apple Salad Gluten Free?
While the other ingredients in this version are gluten free, Snickers are produced on machinery shared with products that do included gluten, so unless your sensitivity is mild I would avoid.
How to Make Snicker Salad
Here is a simple guide to making the Snickers Caramel Apple Salad with pictures. Full printable recipe card below.
Core and chop the Granny Smith apples into bite sized pieces.
Chop up the Snickers bars into smaller pieces, as shown above.
Combine the apples and Snickers in one bowl.
Whip the heavy cream then add in powered sugar. In another bowl mash the soften cream cheese and stir until smooth. Then fold the whipped cream in 2 to 3 batches.
Add the cream cheese mixture to the bowl with apples and candy. Mix well, then add to serving bowl.
Top with Chopped Snickers or peanuts and drizzle with caramel sauce.
Tart apples and chopped Snickers bars in a sweet creamy dressing make an amazing fresh dessert.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened (one package)
- 8 medium tart apples such as Granny Smith
- 5 full size Snickers candy bars (reserve one for topping)
- 2 tbs Caramel sauce
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until thickened to the consistency of whipped cream. Add the powdered sugar and mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with the electric mixer until smooth. Add half of the whipped cream and beat with the mixer until well combined. Fold in the remaining whipped cream and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut the apples into quarters and remove the core and seeds. Chop the apples into bite sized chunks and pour into a large bowl.
- Unwrap the Snickers bars and chop into small chunks. Add the Snickers pieces to the large mixing bowl with the apples.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the apples and Snickers in the large mixing bowl. Stir together until the apples and Snickers are coated well in the creamy mixture.
Pour the “salad” into a serving bowl and top with the reserved chopped Snickers bar and drizzled on caramel sauce.
Nutrition info includes using 2 tbs of caramel topping